Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do back door numbers really work

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do back door numbers really work

On the back door numbers you call I was wondering how long past a denied answer can you call to get them to reconsider their approval. And does that really work?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: Do back door numbers really work

Depends on who opens them.....Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cory wrote:

I 'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean depends on the company you applied with
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

On the back door numbers you call I was wondering how long past a denied answer can you call to get them to reconsider their approval. And does that really work?

SOmetimes it depends on your persistence. Some cases they work and some they dont ... YMMV. I used a backdoor number to recon my BofA denial. I was approved and actually given a better card (Accelerated AMEX)than what I originally apped for.
Message 4 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How long has it been and who with? You can't wait forever to recon and each issuer has their own policy. If you wait too long they will consider your CBR stale and want a fresh one. If you do not already have an account with the issuer that will probably result in a hard INQ.
Message 5 of 7
Cory
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cory wrote:

I 'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean depends on the company you applied with

That was just a little joke/sarcasism, not directed at you though. It all depends on who you get when you call. I'm afraid to call some of these companies now. Customer Service has so decline until, it's part of the job description to be rude for some people at least.

Cory

Message 6 of 7
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just used it. Worked just fine for me though I got transfered twice. 

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.