cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do credit card companies "rataliate" when you BT away from them?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do credit card companies "rataliate" when you BT away from them?

Do credit card companies "retaliate" when you BT away from them?

I wondered this becase I used to have BT offers at WAMU. Then I paid off the account in one big swoop (because I sold an instrument, not a BT) - but I could see them thinking this was a BT.

I used to get offers from WAMU to transfer balances to them, instead I got a credit limit DECREASE!

When you do a BT can you have the check sent to you, so that it is not obvious to the credit card company that it is a BT? (No that that would have helped my WAMU situation.)

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do credit card companies "rataliate" when you BT away from them?

Please forgive me for the misspelling - I know it's rEtaliate!

Huked on Fonniks wurkd fur me!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Iy sounds like WaMu is just plain loosing it these days.

ace9848 wrote:
Do credit card companies "retaliate" when you BT away from them?

I wondered this becase I used to have BT offers at WAMU. Then I paid off the account in one big swoop (because I sold an instrument, not a BT) - but I could see them thinking this was a BT.

I used to get offers from WAMU to transfer balances to them, instead I got a credit limit DECREASE!

When you do a BT can you have the check sent to you, so that it is not obvious to the credit card company that it is a BT? (No that that would have helped my WAMU situation.)

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a tactic some banks use. BoA does the same thing. Long line of small payments with a lump sum payment sets off a auto trigger. Probably not the BT it self that caused it. However if the card you were transferring to shows a balance before Wamu updated the bal on your CR it may have affected your credit UTL TWICE showing that you owed double. Hence a lower score and larger debt, CLD.

I don't think BT away does anything. Call Wamu and ask for your CL back after your CRs update to be sure that only 1 account is showing a bal.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 05-11-2008 02:35 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.