cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do credit cards pull fico or fako when you apply for a card?

tag
wemmington
Valued Member

Do credit cards pull fico or fako when you apply for a card?

I found a website that shows shat score people got approved with on different credit cards but it just says trans, eq or ex and wanted to know what would get pulled fico or fako if I apply for a credit card. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do credit cards pull fico or fako when you apply for a card?

Ficos or some form of fico version.  Fakos are called fakos because while you can see them no lender uses them so they're useless to you.
Message 2 of 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

there's a somewhat limited utility to a site that doesn't specify when it is listing fico vs fako.  even then, it is hard to know if the respondent is aware of the difference between a real fico which is used by lenders and a fako score which is not.  while whohavemecredit and the like can be helpful for ball park ideas on scores, that's about it really.  when i applied for discover at the end of last year i perused whogavemecredit and in retrospect found it to be a v. good snapshot of approval ranges, after being approved with a 686 tu fico.

@wemmington wrote:

I found a website that shows shat score people got approved with on different credit cards but it just says trans, eq or ex and wanted to know what would get pulled fico or fako if I apply for a credit card. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

whogavemecredit.com begs people to only post FICO's, but so many people don't know about FICO's and FAKO's --they call them all FICO's and slap them on up there.

The credit score equivalent of Kleenex vs facial tissue. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.