cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do creditors (for credit cards) check your Fico score or the regular score provided by the CRA's?

tag
StazzyBoo
Valued Member

Do creditors (for credit cards) check your Fico score or the regular score provided by the CRA's?

Hey guys,

So my equifax score is redicuously lower than myFICO, when I pulled my EQ report and score it shows 576, but myFICO is 659, which score would the credit card creditors check myFICO or regular EQ?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Aug 2011: EX: Below 500's EQ: Below 500's TU: Below 500's
April 2013: EX: 561 EQ (myFICO): 606 TU: 614
May 2013: EX: 689 EQ (myFICO): 623 TU: 615
June 2013: EX: 712 EQ (myFICO): 659 TU: 649 EQ Direct: 576

Finished rehab August 2012. Equifax no longer shows any deliquency, Experian has one deliquent account, and Transunion has 2 reporting.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do creditors (for credit cards) check your Fico score or the regular score provided by the CRA's

Generally you can make assumptions off your FICO score. Most CCCs will look at your FICO score but many of them have their own scoring models or internal risk models that are even different from what the CRAs give. I think many banks actually look at both, FICO and their own scoring method, a majority of the time.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Do creditors (for credit cards) check your Fico score or the regular score provided by the CRA's

Good point b_seek

I might also add until that score climbs if you must app try to get cards that pull from the other CB's 

There are so many scoring models out there that its hard to say which one a bank may be using 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.