Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i have a chance at Lowes?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do i have a chance at Lowes?

from my research, Lowes usually pull TU and my TU is my lowest at 661.  EQ at 697, EX at 717.

My house is closing next thurs on Dec 10, and i have a few big appliances i would like to purchase at Lowes. 

my app spree will be QS/Venture, CSP, then Lowes or Discover IT to take advantage 0% apr. 

current card: BOA/Cap1 secured/freedom/Sallie Mae

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Do i have a chance at Lowes?

@Anonymous wrote:

from my research, Lowes usually pull TU and my TU is my lowest at 661.  EQ at 697, EX at 717.

My house is closing next thurs on Dec 10, and i have a few big appliances i would like to purchase at Lowes. 

my app spree will be QS/Venture, CSP, then Lowes or Discover IT to take advantage 0% apr. 

I was in the 650's when I was approved so I'd say yeah..initial limit may be low but you'd be able to try to call to credit solutions for an increase. Is your TU file clean for the most part?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

for best results, app in store (after you officially close on your house of course! Don't apply until after you close).

You might get approved for a SL of $300, but thats ok...once approved, turn right around and call into credit solutions, tell them you're "in store", and just closed on your house, and need appliance as your new home has none! Ask for $25k....seriously!! They will counter back with your real approval. Good luck, and hope to see you posting in the approvals after your closing! Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Go for it.  Lowes approved me at 650-660 EX 6 months ago.  SL was $500 and now $15K.  Good luck.Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@injustifiiable wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was in the 650's when I was approved so I'd say yeah..initial limit may be low but you'd be able to try to call to credit solutions for an increase. Is your TU file clean for the most part?

1 Collection, 2 Acct ever late, 3.8 years since last late and currently at 8% ulti

my EX and EQ at 1 Acct ever late, and 0 collection. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1 Collection, 2 Acct ever late, 3.8 years since last late and currently at 8% ulti

my EX and EQ at 1 Acct ever late, and 0 collection. 

Still looks good.  Had 1 collection showing and several 30 day lates curtesy of Santander. Last late 2012.  UTI was about 18-20% at the time. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
for best results, app in store (after you officially close on your house of course! Don't apply until after you close).

You might get approved for a SL of $300, but thats ok...once approved, turn right around and call into credit solutions, tell them you're "in store", and just closed on your house, and need appliance as your new home has none! Ask for $25k....seriously!! They will counter back with your real approval. Good luck, and hope to see you posting in the approvals after your closing! Smiley Wink

thanks, i will literally go striaght to lowes after i get the keys next thurs. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW applied in july and they pulled EX.  She applied instore.  

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

DW applied in july and they pulled EX.  She applied instore.  

it would be nice if they pull EX for me, EX is at 717 ATM

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like you have a good chance of being approved. You should wait until after you close on your house. Best of luck!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.