Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i need to activate it?

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Do i need to activate it?

So my Elan card expires this month and i got the new one, havent activated it. Mainly because i really dont want to use it, and since it cant be used unless activated. I wouldnt need to worry about fraud charges on this one >.< 

My question is do i need to activate it now? OR can i just activate when i want to use it like months or a year down the road? 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Do i need to activate it?

IMO - If you intend to use it in the future, I'd activate it now - issuers get kind of funny about cards they send out that don't get activated which may cause you problems months down the road. 

Message 2 of 3
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do i need to activate it?

I dunno abuot Elan, but some cards gets closed auto, in a few months if not activated.

You sound like a responsible person so I would suggest, just activate and keep it SD, use it down the road as you planned.

Otherwise, call and cancel it cuz you dont want them putting ''closed by credit grantor'' on your report, if they close it.

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.