cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do most lenders really use Equifax? I was told this infomation by a MyFico representative

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Do most lenders really use Equifax? I was told this infomation by a MyFico representative

When I look at my reports and considering the SPs then it is EX ....I am pretty balanced out in terms of HP but only because I made sure to plan apps and select lenders according their pulls Smiley Happy Next app is for a TU puller - Barclays and that will level out ...LOL

Message 11 of 15
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Do most lenders really use Equifax? I was told this infomation by a MyFico representative

www.whogavemecredit.com

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 12 of 15
Radek7752
Contributor

@Mario4 wrote:

Do most lenders really use Equifax? I was told this infomation by a MyFico representative.

i'm consideing score watch to monitor my fico. Wont make sence monitoring just one to me if the other 2 will be the ones more likely used.

Any facts supporting this?

THANKS!

From my own experience living in the southeast, lenders overwhelmingly prefer Equifax over the other two. From auto loans to credit cards to mortgages it's Equifax they want to see first. Every credit card in my siggy has pulled Equifax with the exception of my GE cards and Amex. Transunion has always been my highest score because it rarely gets inquiries. 

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 13 of 15
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I have a record of all my inquiries dating back to 2011.  Most are EX, then TU, lastly EQ - this includes many new cards and CLIs from different banks (see sig)  and then shopping for a car loan.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 15
Involver
Valued Contributor

It really depends on your market and the products you are after.  

Personally, most of the products I have / am interested in pull EX.  I don't apply for much credit though (total 6 INQ across all 3) so they are never really an issue.

I don't see EQ being the #1 pulled bureau.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.