Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do product changes affect your AAoA?

tag
bobomb01
Established Member

Do product changes affect your AAoA?

Do product changes affect your average age of accounts?

I'm thinking as long as the account number stays the same, it should be the same open date as the previous card, correct?

FICO: 754, (Walmart TU, 9/4/13)
Wallet: AMEX Gold, and cash.
Chase Freedom (5000), Capital One Venture1 (4750), CU Visa (5000), Discover More (5500), Walmart Discover (7500), Barclays Visa (2000)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do product changes affect your AAoA?

I did a product change with Barclays in Feb, and recently noticed they added a new account to my report. I had to dispute it with equifax, and they removed it. But, i think it's bank specific and you should always ask before accepting their terms and conditions. I asked multiple times and they still created a new account, which in that case did temporarily affect my AAOA

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 2 of 4
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Depends oN issuer.  Many issuers don't change anything including card number and basically you can't tell anything is different from credit report.  Other issuers are less sensitive about it.   Walmart to Walmart discover comes to mind.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 4
bobomb01
Established Member

Good to know.

Thanks guys.

I guess I'll find out.

FICO: 754, (Walmart TU, 9/4/13)
Wallet: AMEX Gold, and cash.
Chase Freedom (5000), Capital One Venture1 (4750), CU Visa (5000), Discover More (5500), Walmart Discover (7500), Barclays Visa (2000)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.