cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do some cards not report on an Authorized user's CR?

tag
uktaurusbulba
Contributor

Re: Do some cards not report on an Authorized user's CR?

Haulingthescoreup,

For Bank of America, did they report for someone with your same address? My mom is adding me and I really want this to report because it will bump my scores up nicely. Thanks.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uktaurusbulba wrote:

Haulingthescoreup,

For Bank of America, did they report for someone with your same address? My mom is adding me and I really want this to report because it will bump my scores up nicely. Thanks.

Bank of America will report even if the address is different, because they request their social security number and date of birth.
Message 12 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

uktaurusbulba wrote:

Haulingthescoreup,

As above, and yes, my daughter had the same address.

Make sure that whatever balance is on that card is OK for you at that moment, because BofA will report it to your account the next day.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 20
uktaurusbulba
Contributor

My Mom already added me 8 days ago but they never asked for my social security number and I dont live at the address she lives at. Im just wondering if this may pose a problem.

Message 14 of 20
uktaurusbulba
Contributor

Well, I changed my address to my mothers (because Im moving into her town anyway in a month) and it was picked up by TU and it did report! Unfortuantely, it only bumped TU 14 points from when I last checked, but thats because my Mom has $5k on there now, which will go away soon. The others havent yet, but they also havent picked up the change of address yet. This seemse to be the problem. But it should pick up tomorrow. Ill keep the board posted and thanks for all your comments.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI, everyone, USBank does not report AUs to the CRAs. I already tried that and failed Smiley Sad
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, with certainty, that Chevron (issued by GeMB) does not report on the AU credit. I have a BF as an AU on my account and it does not report on his CR.

This is NOT true w/regards to Chevron.  I added DH as an AU to both my Chevron and Shell cards, and they are both reporting as open TL on his reports!

800FICOwannabe

06/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 637, TU - 641
05/04/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 660, TU - 647
04/21/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 711, TU - 642
09/09/08 - Mortgage Enhanced: EQ - 607, EX - 556, TU - 534

Message 17 of 20
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I know, with certainty, that Chevron (issued by GeMB) does not report on the AU credit. I have a BF as an AU on my account and it does not report on his CR.

This is NOT true w/regards to Chevron.  I added DH as an AU to both my Chevron and Shell cards, and they are both reporting as open TL on his reports!

800FICOwannabe

You have a BF and a DH? You have bigger fish to fry than AU accounts. LOL.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

HaHa!  The first part of that was copied and pasted from an older post in which the OP indicated that Chevron doesn't report AUs...I was attempting to discredit that statement!

Although, DH may be okay with me having a BF if the later would help get me out of debt!!!  Smiley Happy  Just joking!

800FICOwannabe

Message 19 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

800FICOwannabe wrote:

HaHa!  The first part of that was copied and pasted from an older post in which the OP indicated that Chevron doesn't report AUs...I was attempting to discredit that statement!

Although, DH may be okay with me having a BF if the later would help get me out of debt!!!  Smiley Happy  Just joking!

800FICOwannabe

LOL

This happens a lot. To prevent such interesting misinterpretations, this is how you do it:

--Go the the post that you want to reply to.

--Look right above the poster's name. You should see a white curved arrow and a link called Reply. Click that.

--A text box will open up. When it does, look at the top of the box (not the top of the screen; just the top of the box where you type.) Click the button that says "Quote."

--Their message should pop up on your screen, complete with the poster's name. If you're in Internet Explorer, there is sometimes a slight lag in the quoted message showing. In Firefox, it shows up immediately.

--Once it shows up, hit "enter" or "return" to add a little white space, and then start typing away.

Once you type your reply/ comment, if you want to admire your artistry, click the "Preview" button up at the top of the text box to see what your quote and reply look like. Then slide back down the screen and hit "Post."

It would be really helpful if everyone would do this. It can get awfully confusing for readers trying to figure out who is replying what to whom, especially when things get really flying!
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 06-22-2009 03:03 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.