cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do these 3 cards seem to be enough to be content with?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Do these 3 cards seem to be enough to be content with?

The Amex charge card is worthless because it doesn't report credit limit and balance.

If I were you I would add one credit card one day, but no rush.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 11 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

The Amex charge card is worthless because it doesn't report credit limit and balance.

It will still report usage and payment history. It's fine.

Message 12 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

It doesn't. My Amex charge card doesn't even exist according to my reports.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 13 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

It doesn't. My Amex charge card doesn't even exist according to my reports.

Yours is a business Amex, correct?

Regular, consumer charge cards will still report history/usage. Business ones will not. OP has a consumer Amex. They will be fine. No need for them to add another card to have another reporting, as all 3 of theirs will indeed report.

Message 14 of 15
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I used to have another wells fargo credit card but I cancelled it. I had it since 2010 but now since I added myself to my mother's (in exchange for paying off her card entirely) I feel I have a sufficiently long credit history. I do have a question. Does the fact I have a 41 year long credit history play any role when it comes to people pulling up my history? I'm somewhat worried my older than me credit history  may bring up questions or problems.

Google research is your friend here.  The card will probably be ignored for scoring purposes.  Another thing, I am not sure adding will back date, but just report the date opened as the date you became AU.  Not sure where you got the information.

I read that is called 'piggyback' or something like that. From what I read: Amex AU report 'open date' the exact date you are added, some lenders do not report AUs, and others report open date for AU the same date as original card holder.

Some have reported that the original history is limited to 2 years or so, in other words, if the card is 2 years old it will report all history, if it is more than that, only the last 2 years will be reported but the open date will match the original card (I think this was BofA).

@Anonymous, you already added yourself to the card, wait some time to see what they report to the bureaus and tell us. Good luck.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.