cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you automate/autopay bills on your CC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you automate/autopay bills on your CC?

I'm just curious to know your strategy to automate bills on CC's with autopay balance every month before/after closing date. Some of my cards I can set a predetermined time to pay after closing date others send payment on the due date which kinda makes me nervous. I will actively monitor it I have a budget so it's not a set and forget, but I am curious to know others experience doing this to max rewards, keep CC's active etc. I pay my balances off every month so if I rotate with 7 cards each month can I raise my Fico faster than with doing this on 2 cards?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: Do you automate/autopay bills on your CC?

Insurance, cell phone, and tv/internet are all automatically charged to my credit cards.

I hate having those expenses to begin with, so it's my way of putting them out of mind so I can concentrate my energy on more important things.

Like... well... anything else.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 2 of 18
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Nope auto pay nothing ... With my Bills I change the cards regularly and to OCD to let Auto pay do the work lol.  

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 3 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I auto pay everything; cell phone, insurance, cable, utilities, credit cards.  Whatever I can, I do.

Message 4 of 18
Networth
Frequent Contributor

I have autopay set up for my cell.

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 5 of 18
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Cell phones, Internet, Electric, Smiley EmbarassedBlizzardSmiley Embarassed are all automatically paid on Amex which, in turn, automatically pulls from my bank account the statement balance every month. The only ones not paid on credit card is my rent (they don't accept it) and my insurance (they charge an additional $5 to pay with credit card).

Message 6 of 18
dursty87
Established Contributor

I only auto pay my internet bill/car insurance on a cc.  As far as paying CC's, I do so via NFCU bill pay manually each month.  It let's me control how much I want to pay before the statement cuts Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 18
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I use autopay on everything. Autopay is more reliable than I am.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 8 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Message 9 of 18
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

I use autopay on everything. Autopay is more reliable than I am.

+1

My whole life is a big structured autopay.

My pay checks auto deposit to my bank.

My credit cards autopay all my bills

My bank account gets an autopay charge to pay off the cards.

Lather, rinse, repeat

About once a year I transfer whatever balance has accumulated into a

brokerage account. I'm lucky that my means outpace my needs/wants

by a little bit.

The system has never failed in 15 years of living this way,

sometimes with bigger things occupying my mind than whats happening

financially in my life. Autopay has made me look like I'm an organized, well

adjusted citizen when in fact I'm sort of a work-a-holic, easily distracted flake.

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.