cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you bring all your cards when you travel?

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you bring all your cards when you travel?

I bring two cards, three tops. My Amex and one of my Visa or MC's. If my wallet is stolen, I don't want all of my cards compromised. 

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
Amex, citi, chase, probably discover.

I'd say Barclay wouldn't. Lol

Also, I'm digging that tumi wallet.

Lol thanks.  I have a satchel that matches, and am watching the prices like a hawk on the 21" intl suitcase that also matches! Its $625 but I should be able to swing it for half that if I am lucky. Yes, prices are insane, but this stuff is good for life.

The other one that is neat is in orange. Tumi alpha orange wallet should show it. What looks REALLY cool is matching that wallet with this messenger: http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/tumi-alpha-bravo-beale-mini-messenger-00505042576815.html on sale for $83 bucks, normally $200. Get extra cash back from ebates 2.5% off that.  :-)

This is my setup:

10393697_10153029567323067_3547312918673885773_n.jpg

Message 32 of 38
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
Amex, citi, chase, probably discover.

I'd say Barclay wouldn't. Lol

Also, I'm digging that tumi wallet.

Lol thanks.  I have a satchel that matches, and am watching the prices like a hawk on the 21" intl suitcase that also matches! Its $625 but I should be able to swing it for half that if I am lucky. Yes, prices are insane, but this stuff is good for life.

The other one that is neat is in orange. Tumi alpha orange wallet should show it. What looks REALLY cool is matching that wallet with this messenger: http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/tumi-alpha-bravo-beale-mini-messenger-00505042576815.html on sale for $83 bucks, normally $200. Get extra cash back from ebates 2.5% off that.  :-)

This is my setup:

10393697_10153029567323067_3547312918673885773_n.jpg

I dont wear murses Smiley Tongue 

Message 33 of 38
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

I only carry a couple of my higher limit cards if I travel and leave the rest in the safe. I do however switch out cards every few months just to keep everything active. I would have to get a larger wallet if I carried all my cards on a travel adventure lol.

myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 34 of 38
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Country_Feller wrote:

I only carry a couple of my higher limit cards if I travel and leave the rest in the safe. I do however switch out cards every few months just to keep everything active. I would have to get a larger wallet if I carried all my cards on a travel adventure lol.

I carry a large wallet which stays in the room safe. My carry wallet can hold maybe 6-7 cards. 

My desk wallet (while at home) or safe wallet (while in a hotel) holds like 20 i think. 

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never carry all of my cards even when I'm home. I usully carry one specifically for emergencies and a few others.

Message 36 of 38
tacpoly
Established Contributor

I carry my normal wallet when traveling (domestic or international). If someone tries to take it, I will chase them down. I've done it before.

Credit cards and debit cards are easily and quickly replaced. What I really take care of are my government issued ID and my phone. My phone I keep with me at all times. When traveling internationally, I walk around with my passport. When traveling domestically I have my DL.
Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
I know internationally it's different, but I'm speaking more so domestically since I have some trips coming up. I normally bring my entire wallet but I feel like this wouldn't be the best idea. I don't think I would need a gas/grocery card if I'm going on a trip. I'm thinking perhaps the card(s) I booked my travel on (normally CSP)my Venture for incidental travel purchases, a dining card and whatever card I'm currently using for non-category spending, which is my AAdvantage. Also Macy's if I decide to go shopping. Are there upsides/drawbacks to leaving some cards at home? What do you guys do? Last thing I want to do is be left vulnerable and out of money if heaven forbid I get pickpocketed.

I usually take all of my cards with me however; I keep 2 or 3 of the cards locked up hidden in my luggage.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.