Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you carry all your cards?

tag
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you carry all your cards?

@Gmood1 wrote:
If you're out of town and someone steals your wallet. What are you going to use from home? Enter Blispay, I can use my phone to pay for items.
It's going to be an inconvenience whether there's two cards or ten in there.

True, but I'll still opt for the lesser pain of having to contact three banks to cancel three cards than the major pain of contacting eleven banks to cancel eleven cards Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 73
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Definitely not, and I agree with Irish, although my number is 4-5. Many of my cards are situational and have some large limits, so it would be a mess that I wouldn't want to bring upon myself if I were to lose a wallet containing them outside of their intended circumstances. The prospect of making many calls, filling out many affidavits, and waiting on replacements is enough of a deterrent for me. As such, I only carry what I believe I will need or plan to use.

Message 12 of 73
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I hear ya, I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm not going to live my life worrying about what someone can steal from me. It can all be replaced.
Message 13 of 73
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
I hear ya, I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm not going to live my life worrying about what someone can steal from me. It can all be replaced.

True again Smiley Happy And really, my major reason for not carying all/most of them has more to do with the fact that I didn't like how fat my wallet had become so I slimmed it down to my current two to three number (and even got a wallet without the extra card flap so I couldn't put them all in it even if I wanted to and I like it like that).

Message 14 of 73
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I had to upgrade to a looong wallet in order to carry mine.lol
Since no one is home. Who's to say they don't walk right in your home and take them? It can go either way.
I do understand your points. Bottom line if they really want it they will get it.

Message 15 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry 3-4 cards and that's it.  1-2 main spenders and 2 for backup in case **bleep** goes wrong.  Each from different banks.  The rest stay at home in their own special wallet.  I rotate whenever needed.

Message 16 of 73
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

Depends on what I am doing. I never carry my store cards unless I am goig to the particular store (best buy for example). For my rewards cards I usually carry them all and use a revolving system for spending or what percentages are best (gas rewards on my AAA BOA is 3%). I'm very systematic.

Message 17 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive sockdrawered my quicksilver and use my Citi DC instead since 2% > 1.5%. My Barclay Ring is in sockdrawer and only used for recurring gym membership and the occasional PS Network purchase. And i recently sockdrawered my Discover since I won't be using any of the quarterly 5% categories this quarter. And the Venture One is sockdrawered until i pay it down, since the util is high on it. So for now it's Amex BCP for groceries/gas, Chase Freedom for restaurant spend, and Citi DC for everything else.

Message 18 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry ALL my cards but I've been thinking of keeping my Debit Cards at home. I never use any of them and that has the highest potential of issues if I was to lose my wallet considering they're tied directly to my checking account.
Message 19 of 73
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

I do, but now that I am moving into the prime category, I will start to carry just those to get some use. I'm thinking Amex Green, BCE, Amazon visa, and Discover - maybe my BOA cash rewards sometimes. I'm transitioning into prime cards, so the limits are a bit low. Therefore, I will probably still carry my Sam's because it's my highest limit at $15k.

Congratulations on your approvals.

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 20 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.