Regular Contributor
stpn2me

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

I am about to carry a small balance on my MC. Probably $2000 on a $10,000 CL card. This will be for a vacation that is well deserved. I will try to keep the balance under 20%...I dont think balances hurt, as long as you dont default....or have lates....

Stpn2me
TU - 625 EQ - 644 EX - 672 as of 5 June 13
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

stpn2me wrote:
I am about to carry a small balance on my MC. Probably $2000 on a $10,000 CL card. This will be for a vacation that is well deserved. I will try to keep the balance under 20%...I dont think balances hurt, as long as you dont default....or have lates....
Stpn2me

Not taking a quick trip back to Afghanistan, I hope?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Contributor
fail2deliver

stpn2me wrote:
Stpn2me

Well, I think balances hurt if you carry them long enough to pay tons of interest on them. Sometimes people pay more then $2000 over years for some $1000 item they bought. I'd rather take 2 vacations rather then take 1 and pay for it for 5 years. If you pay em off as fast as you can, then you don't get hit too badly w/ the rates. Carrying balances for years is essentially cheating yourself :smileysad:
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

fail2deliver wrote:

Well, I think balances hurt if you carry them long enough to pay tons of interest on them. Sometimes people pay more then $2000 over years for some $1000 item they bought. I'd rather take 2 vacations rather then take 1 and pay for it for 5 years. If you pay em off as fast as you can, then you don't get hit too badly w/ the rates. Carrying balances for years is essentially cheating yourself :smileysad:

That sentiment I agree with.  sometimes it is necessary or prudent for what ever reason to carry a balance....ohoh, let me back up...right now I have 1.99% for life so in order to pay one years interest I would haveto carry it for 7 years...lol!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}