cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

tag
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

I am about to carry a small balance on my MC. Probably $2000 on a $10,000 CL card. This will be for a vacation that is well deserved. I will try to keep the balance under 20%...I dont think balances hurt, as long as you dont default....or have lates....

Stpn2me
TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 41 of 44
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@stpn2me wrote:
I am about to carry a small balance on my MC. Probably $2000 on a $10,000 CL card. This will be for a vacation that is well deserved. I will try to keep the balance under 20%...I dont think balances hurt, as long as you dont default....or have lates....
Stpn2me

Not taking a quick trip back to Afghanistan, I hope?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 42 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stpn2me wrote:
Stpn2me

Well, I think balances hurt if you carry them long enough to pay tons of interest on them. Sometimes people pay more then $2000 over years for some $1000 item they bought. I'd rather take 2 vacations rather then take 1 and pay for it for 5 years. If you pay em off as fast as you can, then you don't get hit too badly w/ the rates. Carrying balances for years is essentially cheating yourself Smiley Sad
Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

fail2deliver wrote:

Well, I think balances hurt if you carry them long enough to pay tons of interest on them. Sometimes people pay more then $2000 over years for some $1000 item they bought. I'd rather take 2 vacations rather then take 1 and pay for it for 5 years. If you pay em off as fast as you can, then you don't get hit too badly w/ the rates. Carrying balances for years is essentially cheating yourself Smiley Sad

That sentiment I agree with.  sometimes it is necessary or prudent for what ever reason to carry a balance....ohoh, let me back up...right now I have 1.99% for life so in order to pay one years interest I would haveto carry it for 7 years...lol!!

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.