Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

BTW there are lots of single parents, lower income workers, etc.... that carry credit cards and carry balances.  Some have one heck of ascore to boot.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,088
Registered: ‎03-18-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

Wow I see someone is on high horse. That is good when can pay for your car, apartment, vacation, and whatever else but come on now.. what is doing for you to tell everyone would they should be doing? Why don't you take your savings and pay for their balances, if you don't like it. Untill you can contribute to their househols why worry about it anyway? If you are not trying give constructive critism what is the point? Who are you to judge?
 
Do you need to have someone sing praises to you because you don't get enough at home? People on here do nothing but try to help each other, so all cancers please spread elsewhere.
 
If I carried a $39,999 balance on 40K CC, what is it to you? 
 
BTW, how smart is it to only have a valuable computer (that by the way will be outdated before I can finish this post) and watch? 
 
Sorry if I offended anyone other than the OP, I don't like to be judged unless it is by my maker!!
If at first you don't succeed... hang up and try again!!
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?


fail2deliver wrote:
I think most people who get emself in credit trouble start out with a bad habit of carrying a small balance, then it grows. I don't know anyone who's gotten into serious trouble because they absolutely HAD to spend the money.


Gosh, you must not read the papers, and like you said, you don't have a TV. You might want to check with your local social service agency and ask about the number of people who lost their jobs, and therefore their health insurance, then had health problems, and then lost their savings (and checking, presumably), their homes, and their credit. It's one of the most common causes of bankruptcy in the U.S.

I'm hoping/ assuming that you're young, and that with time, you will gain understanding and compassion.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,195
Registered: ‎03-25-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

I was going to join in the fray here (on Brammy and Hutsups side) but I think that I better not let rip or I will get banned  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

[ Edited ]


MidnightVoice wrote:
I was going to join in the fray here (on Brammy and Hutsups side) but I think that I better not let rip or I will get banned  Smiley Very Happy


 
Not egging you on but this is one bannation I would stay out of.  Smiley Mad



Message Edited by Brammy on 12-14-2007 06:43 PM
Super Contributor
Posts: 8,195
Registered: ‎03-25-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

[ Edited ]


Brammy wrote:


MidnightVoice wrote:
I was going to join in the fray here (on Brammy and Hutsups side) but I think that I better not let rip or I will get banned  Smiley Very Happy


 
Not egging you on but this is one bannation I would stay out of.  Smiley Mad



Must be a bad day here in Iowa - could you translate please?  Smiley Very Happy


Message Edited by Brammy on 12-14-2007 06:43 PM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?



MidnightVoice wrote:


Brammy wrote:


MidnightVoice wrote:
I was going to join in the fray here (on Brammy and Hutsups side) but I think that I better not let rip or I will get banned  Smiley Very Happy


 
Not egging you on but this is on bannation I would stay out of.  Smiley Mad



Must be a bad day here in Iowa - could you translate please?  Smiley Very Happy


 
I wouldn't touch the ban button...sorry but I'm irked which is really rare for me.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

Something occurred to me --I wonder if acolytes of Dave Ramsey or someone are assigned to come here and provoke once a month or so. They always come in assuming that we all carry balances, and that we're drowning in debt. We tell them how it actually works, and why we do what we do, but they never acknowledge: they just keep on preaching away from their mighty credit-free pulpits.

Actually, I doubt it's an assignment. I don't think ol' Dave is like that. I think they're just followers gone wild. But really, always an amazing display of immaturity and gracelessness. And ignorance.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

What bothers me is that we have a lot of people coming on board trying to get out of debt, rbuild lost credit and learn how to manage their newly found credit worth.  Of course its best to PIF if you can. No one needs to be treated like a bunch of idiots by someone who has no stake one way or another. I have seen members climb from credit h*ll to prime (me included).  Without ONE person talking down to them.
Contributor
Posts: 172
Registered: ‎12-12-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?



jaybee wrote:
Wow I see someone is on high horse. That is good when can pay for your car, apartment, vacation, and whatever else but come on now.. what is doing for you to tell everyone would they should be doing? Why don't you take your savings and pay for their balances, if you don't like it. Untill you can contribute to their househols why worry about it anyway? If you are not trying give constructive critism what is the point? Who are you to judge?
Do you need to have someone sing praises to you because you don't get enough at home? People on here do nothing but try to help each other, so all cancers please spread elsewhere.
If I carried a $39,999 balance on 40K CC, what is it to you?
BTW, how smart is it to only have a valuable computer (that by the way will be outdated before I can finish this post) and watch?
Sorry if I offended anyone other than the OP, I don't like to be judged unless it is by my maker!!






I'm living in a temporary place, got 6 months left on my lease and I don't plan to renew, so I didn't buy anything for the place, because it's just a liability to move it later.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.