Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 411
Registered: ‎04-18-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

You have really failed to deliver!!!!!Insert Smileys
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

[ Edited ]


orl2185 wrote:


Brammy wrote:
BTW there are lots of single parents, lower income workers, etc.... that carry credit cards and carry balances.  Some have one heck of ascore to boot.



YES YES YES, I hear ya there. I myself make less then 30k yr. I admit it, not a loaded person by any means. However look at my scores... Key is management  instead of not being able to pay in full all the time. Yes, I have savings in cu and bank accounts. Big deal... I also agree with you about the judgemental comments that was mentioned before. Wish I could become self employed one day...:smileywink:


 
Ain't all its crackd up to be most days!!! LOL!!  Maybe I should start a credit consulting biz...lol!!  Would need all you guys' help tho.



Message Edited by Brammy on 12-14-2007 09:20 PM
Established Contributor
Posts: 778
Registered: ‎03-07-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?



Brammy wrote:


orl2185 wrote:


Brammy wrote:
BTW there are lots of single parents, lower income workers, etc.... that carry credit cards and carry balances.  Some have one heck of ascore to boot.



YES YES YES, I hear ya there. I myself make less then 30k yr. I admit it, not a loaded person by any means. However look at my scores... Key is management  instead of not being able to pay in full all the time. Yes, I have savings in cu and bank accounts. Big deal... I also agree with you about the judgemental comments that was mentioned before. Wish I could become self employed one day...:smileywink:


 
Ain't all its crackd up to be most days!!! LOL!!  Maybe I should start a credit consulting biz...lol!!  Would need all you guys' help tho.



Message Edited by Brammy on 12-14-2007 09:20 PM

Count me in.... I would be flattered:smileyhappy:
 
No to be offensive, but why do I even bother to come to this forum to have folks bash me. So what they pay in full... Again, SORRY:smileysad:
Established Contributor
Posts: 762
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

Thanks for the comments Brammy you have really hit home--with them--I PIF when I can but when I dont oh well its my debt and I manage how I choose I know when to stop buying and when its ok I am not out to abuse my credit just understand it more and in return become trustworthy in the lenders eye to extend it to me!!! This forum is has been an awesome tool and for all of you on here as supporters with POSTIVE attitudes and not all about self--May bleesings be upon you--I am sure your advice and encouraging words have helped many of us including me--THIS WAS LIKE A GOD SEND when I found this forum and its been nothing but good things coming from it!!!
 
 
I want to join the 700 club one day I am getting there :smileywink:
FICOS 12/17/07 EQ-597 EX-651 and TU-651
FICOS 01/18/07 EQ-594 EX-651 and TU-662 FICOS
04/21/2008 TU-680 EQ-613 EX-688
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?


orl2185 wrote:
No to be offensive, but why do I even bother to come to this forum to have folks bash me. So what they pay in full... Again, SORRY:smileysad:


I've done enough bashing on myself over the years, and I still do it now if I don't stop myself. I don't need any help from outsiders. :smileymad:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 16,375
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

I'm glad to see to this thread is cooling down. Let's try and keep this way. Always remember that it's ok to disagree but please do so in a constructive manner. This forum is known to be friendly and supportive, let's not lose sight of this. Thanks folks!
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (03-26-2015): EQ 814, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26 years ~ AAoA: 13 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1, EQ 1

Credit Cards: Amex BCP ~ Amex Clear ~ Amex Platinum ~ Barclay Ring Mastercard ~ Chase Freedom Visa ~ CITI Dividend Platinum World Mastercard ~ FIA Fidelity Investment Platinum Visa ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa
Regular Contributor
Posts: 306
Registered: ‎11-07-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

Hm.

I hope I'm posting in the correct section. Anyway, I've had my Amex Delta since November '07. Initial CL was $2k and my first balance was about $250 which I PIF. I asked for CLI and got $3k. 2nd Statement did not come but I'm around $500 balance. Am I spending too much? I want to make AMEX my primary. I also intend to pay PIF for most of the time or at least more than the minimum that's due. Healthy to use it often or should I spread it amongst my other cc's or debit card?

Mahalos!

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Contributor
Posts: 172
Registered: ‎12-12-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?



kclb wrote:
Hm.

I hope I'm posting in the correct section. Anyway, I've had my Amex Delta since November '07. Initial CL was $2k and my first balance was about $250 which I PIF. I asked for CLI and got $3k. 2nd Statement did not come but I'm around $500 balance. Am I spending too much? I want to make AMEX my primary. I also intend to pay PIF for most of the time or at least more than the minimum that's due. Healthy to use it often or should I spread it amongst my other cc's or debit card?

Mahalos!




If you're PIFing then you're never spending too much. And if you're PIFing, then charge it on your card that offers the best reward, that should be your only criteria. If you're not PIFing, then put it on the card with the lowest APR, and that should be your only criteria.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 306
Registered: ‎11-07-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?



fail2deliver wrote:


kclb wrote:
Hm.

I hope I'm posting in the correct section. Anyway, I've had my Amex Delta since November '07. Initial CL was $2k and my first balance was about $250 which I PIF. I asked for CLI and got $3k. 2nd Statement did not come but I'm around $500 balance. Am I spending too much? I want to make AMEX my primary. I also intend to pay PIF for most of the time or at least more than the minimum that's due. Healthy to use it often or should I spread it amongst my other cc's or debit card?

Mahalos!




If you're PIFing then you're never spending too much. And if you're PIFing, then charge it on your card that offers the best reward, that should be your only criteria. If you're not PIFing, then put it on the card with the lowest APR, and that should be your only criteria.




Mahalos. I want a fast way to establish good history with AMEX. I just hope that I'm not over doing it. heheh.

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Contributor
Posts: 172
Registered: ‎12-12-2007
0

Re: Do you carry balances on your credit cards?

As long as you use the card, and as long as you're not defaulting on it, it's fine. I don't think the $ amount you spend matters that much, unless you have high utilization
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.