cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you check your available credit on a regular basis now?

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Do you check your available credit on a regular basis now?

I check everything at least once a week:

• Recent transactions on all bank and credit card accounts
  • My Experian credit report
  • Balances, Payments, Credit Limits, etc

Note: I have a subscription to Experian's monitoring service that allows free daily pulls with their FAKO score, but there does not appear to be any service by which I can get actual FICO scores so I pull those less frequently.  Pre-Internet when an Account History printout from the bank cost money I would compare the balance after each cash withdrawal to the previous balance and figure out what combination of recent checks could add up to exactly that difference --if I could not come up with a combination that worked then I would pull an Account History printout...

Message Edited by MattH on 01-24-2009 05:22 PM
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 11 of 41
pattycake
Established Contributor

I definitely check - I found out quite by surprise that US Airways from Juni closed my account so I had zero CL.  
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 12 of 41
Equinox
New Contributor

I most definitely check my accounts daily. Here's to hoping I weather out this madness unscathed.
Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once a week, and sometimes after I have read a new CLD story.
Message 14 of 41
laz98
Senior Contributor

absolutely every day!  sometimes more than once if i have the time.
Message 15 of 41
plasticguy
Established Contributor

I didn't answer my own thread:

I log on to each and every account every morning, because you never know what may have taken place while you were sleepingSmiley Surprised
Message 16 of 41
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

I have to admit that I check everything on my accounts at least once a day. Usually when I first get to the office or soon afterwards.
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 17 of 41
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

Once a month, the day after closing when I make my payment on line.

With all due respect, I really see no reason to check on APR's or credit limits on a daily schedule.

We are truly at the mercy of the creditor who can make changes as they see fit.

In the several cases that I have APR increases, I was notified by US mail providing me the option to

"OP OUT" and have my account closed or to accept the change. I have called and requested a lower

APR without any luck. In my opinion, it's just plain foolish to get angry and close the account.

As of this writing (knock on wood) I have not receive any credit limit decreases.

Message 18 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, I do. It's one of the first things I do every time I look at my yodlee dashboard.

How do you have credit card limits display on your Yodlee dashboard?  I always have to go the Credit Card Utilization report to see the limits.
Message 19 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nah.  I basically quadrupled my credit limits in the last year or so by requesting credit limit increases and opening 2 new accounts so I figure I won't miss them if I lose a card or the limit gets slashed.  Not that my available credit is huge, I'm just used to having much less at hand.  Also I have pretty good scores and a stable history of PIF (and shopping at Wal-mart..haha) so hopefully they're not scared of me...
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.