cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you get a bunch of mailers from ONE company?

tag
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Do you get a bunch of mailers from ONE company?

A little over a year ago I had no CC's and a whole bunch of derogs on my CR's.  With plenty of hard work, patience and $$$, I was able to get everything cleaned up and am now sitting at 720+ FICO's and plenty of prime cards.  What I'm still getting used to is the concept of receiving/shredding mailers.  More than anything, I'm constantly getting mailers from Citi!  ThankYou Preferred, Simplicity, Diamond Preferred, etc.  It seems I get one or two of these a week!  While I get mailers from BOA, Discover, CreditOne (it never ends), nobody comes quite close to the volume of paper Citi drops in my mailbox.

Does anyone else have a (potential) lender who seems to trump all others in sheer volume of offers sent?

FICO Scores 800+
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Re: Do you get a bunch of mailers from ONE company?

For me it's BOA, for my wife it's Citi.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Barclays hit me with up to 3 pre-apps every week for over a year they have finally stopped.

Message 3 of 24
CF_Frost
New Contributor

I get a Diamond Preferred offer weekly almost.  Capital One will send me one from time to time.  

I responded to a Discover and AmEx offer, so I assume that's why they stopped mailing me.

Message 4 of 24
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

When I run the Citi pre-qualified tool, I usually get a batch of 3 or so offers mailed to me.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 5 of 24
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

nope..they all hate me Smiley Sad.do not even get Credit One anymore and I am opt in ...ha.ha....but present lenders are bombarding me with BT promo offers....and I am a PIF girl ..wonder how long it takes them to realize that this is wasted paper for these checks !?

Message 6 of 24
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

Yes, Barclays.  I've lost count of the offers they've sent me for the Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard.  I usually get several a month and they started sending them last year.  I guess they want me to apply for this card or something.....lol.  Right around the same time last year, Discover sent me a lot of offers too, but they finally stopped soon after I applied and got approved for the IT card.

Message 7 of 24
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

I get Citi Diamond Preferred and Discover IT on a weekly basis - even after I got both cards.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 8 of 24
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I have been opted out for two years and still get Citi offers.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 24
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

A little over a year ago I had no CC's and a whole bunch of derogs on my CR's.  With plenty of hard work, patience and $$$, I was able to get everything cleaned up and am now sitting at 720+ FICO's and plenty of prime cards.  What I'm still getting used to is the concept of receiving/shredding mailers.  More than anything, I'm constantly getting mailers from Citi!  ThankYou Preferred, Simplicity, Diamond Preferred, etc.  It seems I get one or two of these a week!  While I get mailers from BOA, Discover, CreditOne (it never ends), nobody comes quite close to the volume of paper Citi drops in my mailbox.

Does anyone else have a (potential) lender who seems to trump all others in sheer volume of offers sent?

Discover has started sending me one almost daily...and I already have it...Smiley Frustrated...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.