cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have a credit card with your main bank?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you have a credit card with your main bank?

I do not, I only have my checking account through my main bank, because I had not done research; and just went to the bank that my parent use.  My checking account is free until I am 24, since I am a college student; but after that the monthly fee will be around 20-25$ just to have the account; and that does not count the fee I get charged for the luxury of having check images when I get my statement. It is kind of crazy the amount of money this small bank charges. They have an amex, with good rewards; however it is not backed by them directly which makes it unappealing to me.

I do have checking accounts with my two credit card companies, dont ask why; I dont even use them. I need to close the capital one 360 checking I am not even using it. I am going to keep the discover checking account though, as I plan to switch over and bank with them once the free period is up at my main bank. 

I would like to find a nice credit union, I applied to SDFCU, but I never heard back from them and it has been months, my guess is they did not want me as a customer because I had no credit history. I also tried for justice federal credit union and was denied. So I have given up on credit unions sadly.

Message 41 of 42
Dahlia77
Regular Contributor

Re: Do you have a credit card with your main bank?

I bank with Citibank, never have less than $150,000 in the account and am a CitiGold member and have been with them for 15 years.  I have never received any sort of solicitation from them or prequalified or pre-approved.  Meanwhile BOA which I have no relationship with and FNBO (also no relationship with) have courted me and extended me generous credit.  Live in Los Angeles so was surprised with FNBO pre-approval.  Scores are all mid 700's with perfect payment and no baddies.  Still no dice from Citibank but then again their cards - at least the ones I know about don't intrigue me in the slightest so I don't really stress or care about it too much although it does puzzle me.

Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.