cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have multiple Chase cards? If so, I have a question.

tag
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you have multiple Chase cards? If so, I have a question.

Back in March I applied for the CSP and was approved at 10k. At that time I also had a Freedom at 3k. Since this was during a spree, I decided to try for a CLI on the Freedom and took the 'CREDITADDICT approach'. I requested a CLI to 20k via SM. Two days later I logged in and the full 20k was approved.

Additional data points: This was my first CLI request w/ chase.

The Freedom was originally a SLATE. It was PC'd Jan 2014. I've had the card for a total of 4 years.

☮ & ❤
Message 11 of 13
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@randeman wrote:

@s_haliz wrote:

I would reserve my HP for applying new cards which comes with great signing bonus/perks.......:-) 

The only problem with this for me is that I already have all the Chase cards I want/need.  I have a United card, which is the only carrier I fly besides Delta--and I have SkyMiles Amex for that.  Freedom and CSP that go together like peanut butter and jelly.  I don't really want a hotel card because I have no particular hotel brand loyalty.  Whatever is decent and reasonable is what I look for, and my Escape and CSP has me covered for most travel. 

Although if they did come up with a co-brand that had amazing bonuses, I could be tempted.

Even if you aren't loyal to a hotel the IHG and Marriott cards offer Free nights and if one of their hotels are close wherever you travel then you can always use that free night.  iHG is the easiest to use since there is no cat 1-9 or whatever but Marriott is capped at cat 1-5 hotels for the free night and 1-4 when you get the card 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 12 of 13
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@randeman wrote:

@s_haliz wrote:

I would reserve my HP for applying new cards which comes with great signing bonus/perks.......:-) 

The only problem with this for me is that I already have all the Chase cards I want/need.  I have a United card, which is the only carrier I fly besides Delta--and I have SkyMiles Amex for that.  Freedom and CSP that go together like peanut butter and jelly.  I don't really want a hotel card because I have no particular hotel brand loyalty.  Whatever is decent and reasonable is what I look for, and my Escape and CSP has me covered for most travel. 

Although if they did come up with a co-brand that had amazing bonuses, I could be tempted.

I liked your last line. What I meant is I would use my HP for applying new card (not necessarily Chase but any CC) than to do for CLI purposes. So far I am OK with their limit. I don't see need to have higher CL. But I wouldn't mind auto CLI to whatever amount they wanted to....Smiley Happy

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.