cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have paypal buyer credit, want the mastercard, you already got it!

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Re: Do you have paypal buyer credit, want the mastercard, you already got it!

@Anonymous wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:
I have a question... If I applied for the paypal mastercard but get approved for the buyers credit, do you automatically get the paypal debit card?  I use ebay often so this would be a great thing either mastercard or buyers credit..

yes u will get the card automatically GL

I have one more collection account coming off TU by the end of this month so I am waiting to see what my scores will be once that happens.  I surely hope to be over 700 or damn close!  I am hoping this is the one they will pull.

Message Edited by aquatic1 on 03-04-2010 06:59 PM

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:
I have a question... If I applied for the paypal mastercard but get approved for the buyers credit, do you automatically get the paypal debit card?  I use ebay often so this would be a great thing either mastercard or buyers credit..

No, it is not automatic.  You have to login to your paypal account and request (apply) for the debit card.  However, if you qualified for the PayPal buyer credit and have a paypal account in good standing, there shouldn't be any issue with you being approved for the debit card.

My point:  you have to ask for the debit card through an online application.  Once you have the card, you can then setup your "backup" pay source for the debit card to be your "Line of Credit, PayPal buyer credit"

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:

No, it is not automatic.  You have to login to your paypal account and request (apply) for the debit card.  However, if you qualified for the PayPal buyer credit and have a paypal account in good standing, there shouldn't be any issue with you being approved for the debit card.

My point:  you have to ask for the debit card through an online application.  Once you have the card, you can then setup your "backup" pay source for the debit card to be your "Line of Credit, PayPal buyer credit"

Well I think she was asking if she had to go through some type of a approval process to get the card after she is awarded the line of credit it would be asnine for them not to give a card for usasge with the account and I did get my card without asking it was just sent.you can set backup funding without a card once the line of credit is established and withdraw funds via your  banking account
Message 23 of 29
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:

Well I think she was asking if she had to go through some type of a approval process to get the card after she is awarded the line of credit it would be asnine for them not to give a card for usasge with the account and I did get my card without asking it was just sent.you can set backup funding without a card once the line of credit is established and withdraw funds via your  banking account

I just wanted to know was it an automatic thing that if your approved for the buyers credit a week later you get a debit card in th mail or if you had to request the card like my bank required.  Not everyone is approved for a debit card with a visa or mastercard logo is why I asked this.  Thanks all for answering my questions.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Message 24 of 29
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Is it a hard pull to get the PayPal debit card? I already have Buyer Credit, but this scenario is a bit interesting.
ImageImageImage

Message 25 of 29
yakboyslim

I know this is old, and sorry for bumping up an ancient thread. I came here yesterday with simonlarano's exact question, so since I have gotten the debit card I figured I would wrap up the thread a bit for the future.

No hard, and I don't believe a soft pull either, to get the debit card. They ask you for permission to do so, however. I think if you already have credit with them they might just not bother for the debit card.

Starting Score: 710
Current Score: EX 732 EQ 720 TU 720
Goal Score: 750

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have the paypal debit card so I decided to try and apply for the mastercard. It approved me for 300 dollars paypal credit! I just linked my debit card to my buyer credit! 

Thanks guys!

Message 27 of 29
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

ypal Re: Do you have paypal buyer credit, want the mastercard, you already got it!

Is the paypal buyer credit a revolving account?  If so, check the terms, because if this were a credit card tied for overdraft protection to a checking account (similar situation) then there would be no grace period on those purchases, as it would be considered a cash advance.  It would also be a higher APR than a purchase.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ypal Re: Do you have paypal buyer credit, want the mastercard, you already got it!

Do you have to have the PayPal debit card to use the Paypal buyer credit as backup funding?

Currently my own card I have linked to my PayPal IS a debit card, but one from my bank, not PayPal. I regularly make purchases with it and it takes money from my bank account because my Paypal balance is always 0. If I had PayPal buyer's credit, couldn't I still use my usual debit card? I don't want a new one. Thanks!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.