cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have to live near a US Bank in order to app?

tag
39Xelor
Established Member

Do you have to live near a US Bank in order to app?

Im pre qualified for some nice cards they offer, but I live nowhere near a US Bank.. apparently they arent big on the east coast? Anyway.. If i app for a card online and i don't live within their footprint, can i still get the card?

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you have to live near a US Bank in order to app?

My denial letter from them said I live outside their area in North Georgia, but my wife has one of their co-branded cards so go figure....

Message 2 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@39Xelor wrote:

Im pre qualified for some nice cards they offer, but I live nowhere near a US Bank.. apparently they arent big on the east coast? Anyway.. If i app for a card online and i don't live within their footprint, can i still get the card?

it depends.

For the Cash+ you need to be within their service region. for the other cards such as Flexperks, I think they are available to all customers.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

Some of US bank credit cards are are only for the customers live in their banking areas. You can apply any of co-branded one.

Ron.

Message 4 of 8
RockySC
Established Member

There is a phone number you can call and you can apply for one no matter where you live. Give this number a call and just ask to apply. I did so, I qualified for Cash+, but they didn't approve me for a limit high enough needed for the card. I can convert what they sent me after a few months as long as I can get the CLI they said...

1-800-285-8585

Maybe this doesn't work for everything? I don't know. It does work for Cash+ though.

Message 5 of 8
39Xelor
Established Member

@RockySC wrote:

There is a phone number you can call and you can apply for one no matter where you live. Give this number a call and just ask to apply. I did so, I qualified for Cash+, but they didn't approve me for a limit high enough needed for the card. I can convert what they sent me after a few months as long as I can get the CLI they said...

1-800-285-8585

Awesome! Much appreciated Smiley Happy

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 6 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Some people get a CSR that will take an app for Cash+ over the phone (some CSR's wont) but quite a few people end up getting a different card. Goodluck!
Message 7 of 8
RockySC
Established Member

@B335is wrote:
Some people get a CSR that will take an app for Cash+ over the phone (some CSR's wont) but quite a few people end up getting a different card. Goodluck!

That happens if you aren't approved for the Cash+ (usually if you can't get a CL of $5,000 or more). If you can't get that one, they automaticly send you the lower level card. Once you have a relationship with them, use the card they give you over time, and you're able to get a CLI of $5,000 or more you can then convert over to the Cash+ card.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.