Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have to wait a year to upgrade Chase Sapphire to Prefered

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you have to wait a year to upgrade Chase Sapphire to Prefered

Call Chase NOW today and tell them you applied for the wrong card.  Tell them you had both windows open comparing them or whatever.  You need to get it done quickly.

I would suggest confirming you would still recieve the sign up bonus also.  Otherwise you may be better off with CS.

Message 11 of 33
ddemari
Super Contributor

That is good!! thank you!!

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

Call Chase NOW today and tell them you applied for the wrong card.  Tell them you had both windows open comparing them or whatever.  You need to get it done quickly.

I would suggest confirming you would still recieve the sign up bonus also.  Otherwise you may be better off with CS.

This. Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 33
ddemari
Super Contributor

I decided to send chase a secure message instead of calling, just was not in the mood lol. I got a response right back saying they would sent my inquiry over to the appropriate department and I will receive an email within 5 days with the results. 

I guess I am more so fine with just the no annual fee CS but would rather have the CSP just for the metal aspect. 

Message 14 of 33
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Its really not thaaaaat metal compared to real all metal cards
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luscher wrote:
Its really not thaaaaat metal compared to real all metal cards

I just like that it doesn't resemble a PVC pipe like my QS's after riding in my wallet for a month.. Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 33
Luscher
Valued Contributor

hahaha I mean it definitely is way more sturdy, but nothing compared to the ritz
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 17 of 33
compassion101
Established Contributor

The CSP is metal and has an annual fee. What other differences are there between it and the regular saphire?

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@compassion101 wrote:

The CSP is metal and has an annual fee. What other differences are there between it and the regular saphire?

It's cold to the touch if you put it in a freezer.

Message 19 of 33
Jlu
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@compassion101 wrote:

It's cold to the touch if you put it in a freezer.

It also doubles as a screwdriver and you can use it for self defense if you know how to use a chinese throwing star.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.