Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have to wait a year to upgrade Chase Sapphire to Prefered

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you have to wait a year to upgrade Chase Sapphire to Prefered

@longtimelurker wrote:

While this forum is still not ready for the FT "Look it up n00b", I feel thst a little move in that direction would be appropriate.  Basically:

1) Don't apply for a card unless you really understand what it offers.

The differences between the CSP and CS have been discussed in numerous threads here and elsewhere, and  Chase even provides a helpful page:

https://creditcards.chase.com/sapphire/credit-card-benefits/compare-chase-sapphire-cards

Look yourself and decide, people's sumamries may be incomplete, or wrong, (or reveal secrets that they are not authorized to share.)

+1

Message 31 of 33
ddemari
Super Contributor

Chase replied back and said unfortunately theu can change my account from CS to CSP because i must wait 12 months.

Oh well, the 500 dollar spend sign up bonus is more realistic for me right now anyways. Although i am still a little bummed because i wanted a metal card to complete my apping. Get a grip im telling myself lol.
Message 32 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

While this forum is still not ready for the FT "Look it up n00b", I feel thst a little move in that direction would be appropriate.  Basically:

1) Don't apply for a card unless you really understand what it offers.

The differences between the CSP and CS have been discussed in numerous threads here and elsewhere, and  Chase even provides a helpful page:

https://creditcards.chase.com/sapphire/credit-card-benefits/compare-chase-sapphire-cards

Look yourself and decide, people's sumamries may be incomplete, or wrong, (or reveal secrets that they are not authorized to share.)

+1

+2

In the future OP, it pays to reasearch things rather than look at pretty pictures on the website and assume.  But, the key element, is definitely noted above.

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.