cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you really put EVERYTHING on your credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you really put EVERYTHING on your credit cards?

Besides rewards, it's easy budgeting and management. I use Mint to track all expenses and generates stats.

And you get to decide when to actually pay (that's when you pay CC bills)

Message 21 of 187
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

@L-TWT wrote:

@Sheridan wrote:

I've seen posts about how people put ALL expenses on their credit cards and I'm wondering if this is normal or just personal preference. Is there a major advantage to doing it? I mean besides the rewards or bonuses? 

I rarely carry cash nor a wallet for that matter, so yes, I use my credit card (i.e, double cash) for EVERYTHING! I treat it like a debit card

I like how your statement goes against what is in your signature line.Smiley Wink

that depends on how you interpret the "quote"

Message 22 of 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

So very true!  I still get it from my dad now!  He doesn't understand that I PIF.  I think we were taught credit was bad because that generation seemed to carry balances.   They don't understand our way of using credit.  And it is all up to the user.  If you want to soar with eagles, don't hang out with chickens! Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 187
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So very true!  I still get it from my dad now!  He doesn't understand that I PIF.  I think we were taught credit was bad because that generation seemed to carry balances.   They don't understand our way of using credit.  And it is all up to the user.  If you want to soar with eagles, don't hang out with chickens! Smiley Wink

Yeah, my sis (even with 780+ score) gets in over head with credit.  She just got a discover card for balance transfer, doesn't even bother with the 5% categories.   She doesn't like paying online.  Afraid of interest rates.  Can't get the hang of using like debit card, carries tons of cash. Smiley Sad

Signature needs updating
Message 24 of 187
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

I put all my spend on credit cards, most of the people around me are afraid of credit because they don't understand it. 

Message 25 of 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash?  What is that?  I think I seen some on TV?  Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 187
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Sheridan wrote:

I've seen posts about how people put ALL expenses on their credit cards and I'm wondering if this is normal or just personal preference. Is there a major advantage to doing it? I mean besides the rewards or bonuses? 

Yes, all expenses except for my rent and coin operated car washes.  I wish I could charge those as well. Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 187
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

Everything I buy is put on a credit card.  The only things that I pay with a check (or bank withdrawal) is my energy bill (CC fee too high, my rent (if I could pay rent with a CC, I would), and personal loan payments.   The only time I carry my debit card is if I'm going to a bar, concert, or some place I think I might need cash.  

This is relatively new for me though.  Up until last October, I paid everything with the debit card.  My credit wasn't good enough for good cards, plus I was still in a mindset that CC's were "bad".  Mostly due to my own irresponsibility.   Glad I've straightened up and discovered the joys of rewards!

USAA MC ✪ Amex BCP, SPG, Platinum ✪ Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Rewards, United Explorer ✪ Discover IT ✪ CapOne QS ✪ Fidelity Visa ✪ BarclaysPlatinum Rewards ✪ Citi Double Cash

Starting EX FICO (2010): 513 | Current FICO: EX 759, EQ: 773, TU: 761
Message 28 of 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything.
Message 29 of 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CCC must hate this site for encouraging everyone to PIF, never pay interest, maximize rewards and spend bonuses.... HEHEHE Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.