cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you sign the back of your AMEX Revolving Credit Card?

tag
machine
Established Member

Do you sign the back of your AMEX Revolving Credit Card?

I just got my Amex Blue Sky in the mail, $9000 credit limit (my highest limit ever!)

It's the clear design and I think it looks really nice. Anyways, I was wondering.... are we suppose to sign the back of the card with our signature? This is my first AMEX credit card and the back, there is a little white strip, but it's VERY narrow. It is a lot thinner than the strips on the MC or VISA credit cards. Are we suppose to sign our signatures here for the AMEX?

Last app: 7/14/13
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Do you sign the back of your AMEX Revolving Credit Card?

If you have one of the clear cards there isn't a place on the back to sign.  Calling and activating the card is your signature. 

Message 2 of 7
machine
Established Member

Thank you! Just wanted to make sure

Message 3 of 7
Anarchy
New Contributor

@machine wrote:

I just got my Amex Blue Sky in the mail, $9000 credit limit (my highest limit ever!)

I envy you Smiley Happy really, that's awesome!

How much total available credit do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Message 4 of 7
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

I signed mine, but the Blue signature box wears off rather quickly and easily. You can't read the signature on my 9-month-old card now.

Message 5 of 7
machine
Established Member

@Splurge wrote:

@machine wrote:

I envy you Smiley Happy really, that's awesome!

How much total available credit do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks! My total revolving credit limit from the 5 credit cards I currently have is $20,000.

BoA AmeriCard - 4.25% APR

Capital One Sony Card - 5pts for Sony items, 3pts for Movies & Restaurants

Discover More - 5% on categories

Citi Forward - 5pts for Movies / Books / Restaurants

AMEX Blue Sky - My everyday card for every other purchase that doesn't fit into a category

If I remmeber correctly, I got my first BoA Student Platinum Visa when I was about 17 years old, then I got a BoA Associates Credit Card(now the BoA AmeriCard) when I was 18 & working for BoA.

I'm now 22 years old and about to graduate. I closed out my Boa Student Platinum Visa because I recieved a letter in the mail stating that I'll be charged an annual fee starting in April. I was hesitant to do so because it was my longest / oldest standing credit card, but I saw no reason to pay the fee. I've basically been gardening with 2 credit cards for the past 5 years, and did not get the other 4 cards I mentioned above until very recently in 2011.

Hope this helps!

Message 6 of 7
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

If you have one of the clear cards there isn't a place on the back to sign.  Calling and activating the card is your signature. 

+1 this card is physically designed to not have this. it is the intention of american express with this card i believe to not sign as the intended design of the card. if you need to verify, simply pull out your id and that is enough.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.