Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you smell a rat?

tag
voidman
Established Contributor

Do you smell a rat?

I have 2 chase cards, one Freedom and other from Wamu. Both had different due dates. Sometimes I used to get confused with the duedates So I made a online request to match the wamu card due date match the chase freedom. 

Last week I received a letter from Chase tha they have moved my due date of Chase Freedom by another 5 days and I should be enjoying those 5 additional days of credit period this month :~ 

Do you think this is an attempt by Chase to keep the due dates different to throw me off balance in the future?

-void
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you smell a rat?

Nope, I think it is making sure that it meets the minimum required number of days grace period before you have to pay to comply with the new legislation. 
Message 2 of 8
voidman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Nope, I think it is making sure that it meets the minimum required number of days grace period before you have to pay to comply with the new legislation. 

ahhh ic, what is that now?

-void
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that Chase is a huge conglomerate bank which wouldn't have the time or interest in messing with a single account.

These big banks are under the microscope right now with the Fed and Treasury stress tests, bailouts and new legislation.  I think anything you come across is due to one of the following:

1.  Reducing risk

2.  Improving capitalization

3.  Balancing reserves to outstanding loans/credit & exposure

4.  Complying with bailout terms

5.  Coming into compliance or position for the new legislation

6.  Adjusting their lending/credit policies

Message 4 of 8
voidman
Established Contributor

No no, I do not intend that they are targetting me speficially, I was trying to understand if banks are doing this with other people who have 2 cards with the same bank. Chase is the only bank with whome I have 2 accounts.
-void
Message 5 of 8
Scamp
Valued Contributor

voidman wrote:
No no, I do not intend that they are targetting me speficially, I was trying to understand if banks are doing this with other people who have 2 cards with the same bank. Chase is the only bank with whome I have 2 accounts.

Nah, I got the same notice, and I only have one card with them.

They may be bad, some ways, but they're not THAT bad. Smiley Wink

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 6 of 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I have two Chase accounts and they haven't changed either one of my due or statement date pairs.

Message 7 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I have a Chase Freedom card (only) and I got the same 5 day notice.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.