cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you still have your.......................

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Do you still have your.......................

Very first CC that you received? My sister got her Sport Chalet VISA on April 2012 and plans to keep up as a memory. It looks just like this)

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you still have your.......................

Nope, when I got approved for the BoA Amex, they closed my BoA Visa.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 2 of 57
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Oh I still do.  Marshall Field's from way back in the early 90's.

Message 3 of 57
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@IcEWoLF Yeah they closed it but do you still have the card it self?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 57
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I still have mine. It's locked in a box back in my home in the US.

It might sound silly, but I open it to have a look once every time we go back. It helps remind me of where I don't want to find myself in 10 years time.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 57
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

I still have mine, in fact just found them the other day in a box in the basement,

American Express Green, Member since 1974, also a Gordon Jewelry card that was from

1978, was my first experience with "instant credit" the store manager gave me instant credit

took this flimsy piece of plastic (credit card) put it in the typewriter and typed my name and account number

on it, it has like a signature strip on the front for name and account, ahh the good old daysSmiley Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 6 of 57
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I still have a couple of cards that are from 1992 (when i started my credit history). Got a Montgomery Wards, Curcuit City, and the old Discover (black and orange back then).

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 57
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Yes I do...BofA Travel rewards (PC a few times) and I will always keep it... I am too sentimental to close it as it was soooo hard to get it. LOL

Message 8 of 57
Networth
Frequent Contributor

Sure do, I keep it around for AAoA. Plus the APR isn't too bad even though I have cards with lower and I never carry a balnce. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 9 of 57
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

if I can get BOFA to drop my AF on my Travel Rewards nee secured card I'll probably keep it forever.

CS: I do the same with my first set of credit reports I pulled.  Not ever going back there if I can help it.

        
Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.