Super Contributor
longtimelurker

Re: Do you still have your.......................

injustifiiable wrote:

I still have my old cards from when I was 18 and didn't know any better. Unfortunately  the accounts themselves have been closed.

Capital One Platinum Visa (with the Starry Night image design)

Sears Gold MasterCard (actually issued by Sears National Bank back then before Citi took them over)

Fleet Bank Fusion Visa (it had a cool smart chip which I never used...this was before EMV)

They're still in a drawer with some other cards I'd acquired along the way and I keep them to remind me  to never go back to the place I was back then.

Do you recall what (and how) the chip was used for (as it wasn't EMV)?

Valued Contributor
parakleet

Lord no I don't have my first card. I remember that it was a First Premier card and I got it when I was in college - I must have just turned 18 :smileysurprised: My CL was $500 and I didn't know a darn thing about credit or finances and consequently, got into a lot of trouble with it. My parents didn't teach me anything about money - it was all very mysterious to my ignorant 18 y.o. self. I'm glad that I've become more confident and knowledgeable about finances - and I don't miss that FP at all!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Kenny

I do.. it was Chase 2006. :smileyhappy: Hope to never close it honestly.
Starting Score: EQ04: 748 (1/31/14) - TU08: 755 (1/06/14)
Current Score:EX08:779(12/25) - EQ04:770(10/31) - EQ08:784(12/26) - TU08:800(12/27)
Goal Score: 800+
Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

[ Edited ]

longtimelurker wrote:

injustifiiable wrote:

I still have my old cards from when I was 18 and didn't know any better. Unfortunately  the accounts themselves have been closed.

Capital One Platinum Visa (with the Starry Night image design)

Sears Gold MasterCard (actually issued by Sears National Bank back then before Citi took them over)

Fleet Bank Fusion Visa (it had a cool smart chip which I never used...this was before EMV)

They're still in a drawer with some other cards I'd acquired along the way and I keep them to remind me  to never go back to the place I was back then.

Do you recall what (and how) the chip was used for (as it wasn't EMV)?

I remember at the time they were trying to push it for use in online transactions. Compaq was even selling a keyboard you could use with it (the idea being the chip stored the card number and billing address so you wouldn't have to type it.)

It didn't pick up as well as it was planned, of course. If I remember right, I was PC'd over to a regular Platinum Plus card once BoA bought Fleet.

Scores 6/17/2014: TU FICO: 643 | EQ FICO: 675 | EX AMEX FICO: 666

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950
Valued Contributor
visorboy1974

Signet Bank Visa...Long ago cut up.  

Regular Contributor
Startome

I still have my first card!!!!! It came in the mail two months ago :robotlol:

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Established Contributor
missjae

I don't have my first card. I totally screwed up my credit and probably threw them all out. I have the 1st card from my rebuild which is a cap1 from 2004. It's still open...hoping to get that limit increased in the near future.
Regular Contributor
creditjail

No.  First card I received was a secured credit card $300 that I maxed out the next day.  Glad that was over a century ago.:smileyhappy:

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Frequent Contributor
IcEWoLF

BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@IcEWoLF Yeah they closed it but do you still have the card it self?

Nope, destroyed the card few years back.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Chase Sapphire Preferred: 7K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature: 5.7K
MERRILL+® Visa Signature®: 9K | Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card: 1K
BankAmericard Privileges® with Cash Rewards: 7K
Discover IT: 5K | Discover Chrome 3.5K | Costco AMEX: 10.7K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi ThankYou Preferred World Mastercard 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard 5K | Citi Double Cash 3.5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K
Established Contributor
Chris123nTx

I wish i still had my first "Mastercharge" . That was way back in the day before electronics. The credit card company sent a book weekly to merchants with lists of cards not to be honored. Ah the good old days. No cell phones, few computers, apple Ii came out around then, could write a check and know you had 3-5 days to cover it, the very earliest atms let you keep taking money out after hours even if your balance was to too low to cover it. Visa was just heginning to be a thought, and mastercharge was changing to master card. Sorry, takes me back..and now badk tot the thread.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}