cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think App Sprees are a good idea? or bad?

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you think App Sprees are a good idea? or bad?

@Open123 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Boooooooooooooooo hissssssssssssssss lol just playing bro. I got the BCE because it I liked the stability of the gas/grocery category, TU was my worst Fico score, EX was my best, and I had recently been approved for the Delta Gold. So there was no risk in getting declined. Now that my scores are decent, I am going to get Sallie.....but I wanted to give Barclays some time since I opened my first account with them--my most recent app. I rarely use it now already because I have better cards, but I am still going to ask for a 25k credit line in a week or so.

It's perfectly rational to apply for a card, realize it wasn't the best, and then apply for the better one.  In life, we make mistakes, then move on.  There's never a need to look back.

What I don't get are those who make errors, and even in the face of irrefutable proof of the error, still cling steadfastly in defense and rationalization of the error.  This I will never understand.

That is some ego thing. We learn by making mistakes.... but I think it starts early in school, when they teach you that making mistakes is bad, and failing in some way, but really, making mistakes is learning, which is the point of schooling right? hmmmm. So, people never want to be wrong, hence, rationalizations and deflecting blame...etc. Lamo!

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 61 of 62
Focused10
Established Contributor

Re: Do you think App Sprees are a good idea? or bad?

I think app sprees are great if done  responsibly and strategically. I agree with Chris. There has to be something in it for me. It can be addicting waiting for the 'approval' to come, but having a plan will trump that desire to app because it feels good. 

;;;
BCE: $2K | Amazon: $5K | BBVAmex: $7.5K | AAdvntge: $8.5K | AMEX: $30K | Frdm: $10K | Citi: $6.2K | FNB: $10K | NASA: $25K | CapOne QS: $10K | Chase Marriott: $12K ~ Garden 3.2.16
Message 62 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.