cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think the CCC's have people on MyFico reading what we are saying??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you think the CCC's have people on MyFico reading what we are saying??

That's the thing that is ridiculous. Half of these "red flag" items are the exact same items that the credit card companies are offering the rewards for...so what the hell do they think the customers are going to buy? Do I need to pay for my groceries with a credit card? NO!  But, am I going to because I'm going to get money back, YES! 

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@xkaosx wrote:
I just saw on the news that credit card companies were monitoring peoples credit usage so much now and reducing credit if certain factors were met and an indicator you may be in credit or financial trouble

Among these I can remember off the top of my head was

Paying for groceries with Credit
Buying retreaded Tires instead of new tires

People were getting credit limit decreases with these flags
blew my mind

Hmm. I buy all my groceries with a CC. Food money adds up to serious cash back at the end of the year.

Message 11 of 28
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I would think the obvious sign of financial troubles would be maybe, fresh 30 day lates on a CR?
Here we go again...
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

FretlessMayhem wrote:
I would think the obvious sign of financial troubles would be maybe, fresh 30 day lates on a CR?

Makes a lot more sense then considering people who are smart enough to take advantage of their rewards programs a high risk...
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:
I had a Chase CSR suggest this place as an excellent source of information!

My mortgage broker from Chase sent me here to clean up my credit. Smiley Very Happy

I found out yesterday he retired, though. Oh well. I am still waiting, but he would be proud of me breaking into the 700 club and NO baddies!!
Message 14 of 28
Susyflower
New Contributor

I actually found out about MyFico through an online credit rebuilding article on MSN...if financial advisors are talking up this place the CCC's for sure know about it and probably take a look.
Message 15 of 28
smoothjk
Contributor

This thread is making me nervous to post details now haha. Time to remove some info from my sig Smiley Wink
FICO (06/17/08): TU 691 - EQ 642 - EX 638 - Util 64%
FICO (07/23/08): TU 698 - EQ 653 - EX 644 - Util 50%
FICO (02/04/09): TU 694 - EQ 668 - EX 654 - Util 43%
FICO (05/18/09): TU 687 - EQ 675 - EX n/a - Util 39%
FICO (03/09/10): TU 666 - EQ: 691 - EX 644 - Util 54%
IDGuard (2/8/12): TU 690 - EQ: 710 - EX 710 - Util 72%
FICO (03/13/12): EQ: 696 (87% revolving to limits)
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, for all we know, some of the contributors on here may be CRA employees! Smiley Very Happy
Message 17 of 28
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

I would bet that when you read about certain purchases affecting how you look to the CCCs, the type of card is a big factor in this.  For example, buying groceries on a high APR rebuilder card would look bad, but buying groceries on a card that REWARDS you for buying groceries would not be taken into consideration, lol.

You gotta think about specific scenarios, not broad picture things.  Merely examples of what factors the CCCs have used, not what they do use on a regular basis.  These are not blanket statements that apply to every CC issuer and under every circumstance.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with this-

They are looking for "Changes" in spending/charging patterns.

thrasher865 wrote:
I would bet that when you read about certain purchases affecting how you look to the CCCs, the type of card is a big factor in this.  For example, buying groceries on a high APR rebuilder card would look bad, but buying groceries on a card that REWARDS you for buying groceries would not be taken into consideration, lol.

You gotta think about specific scenarios, not broad picture things.  Merely examples of what factors the CCCs have used, not what they do use on a regular basis.  These are not blanket statements that apply to every CC issuer and under every circumstance.

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

thrasher865 wrote:

Um, are you working for the CCC's or CRAs?  Just kidding. Actually what you said makes a lot of sense, and I hope they do take that into consideration because I'm still using my cards to benefit my needs. 
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.