cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think the fidelity Amex will last?

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

Do you think the fidelity Amex will last?

I am close to apping but would hate to have the the 2% cash back changed, the card would be worthless to me then. Has anyone heard or read anything to that effect? How long have they offered it? Do u think it will last?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Do you think the fidelity Amex will last?

It's been around "a while" but so was it's competitor, the Schwarb card, which went away.  As discussed in the recent nerfing thread, people are somewhat surprised it is still viable, but it may be in OK shape because of generally higher Amex swipe fees.  The Visa version offers only 1.5% until a certain limit is reached.

As many recent examples have shown,cards that you want to apply for will get nerfed, so holding off because a card might be nerfed means you never get a card!   Cards with outsized rewards are at a risk in the long term, but you may as well benefit from it as long as possible by getting it now.

Also, while I like and use this card, 2% isn't all that different from the 1.5% of quicksilver etc, unless your spend is huge.  And some would claim that 1 UR is more than 2c anyway, so using freedom, csp etc, even getting 1 point per $, would be better than 2% cashback...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.