cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you throw away your mailed pre-screen offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you throw away your mailed pre-screen offers?

Jbsea, what was your sl?
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless I'm waiting for a specific card, I bin them all.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one of their offers about a week ago. My first real bank offer in years. Researche'd on here and saw several posts about them being inq and new account sensitive, so figured I'd better wait. Not the worst offer but not the best either. Especially for someone still rebuilding like me.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are a Ex puller. They approved me the other day. Ex inq 12 8 new accounts since April.
Message 14 of 17
Berk
Established Contributor

I opted out of pre screens years ago. I know my mail carrier appreciates it and I get to save the blades on my shredder. It was getting ridiculous there for a while.

Message 15 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

First National Bank of Omaha  AMEX =  0% through 5/16 and 21.99 after.  Worth considering or circular file cabinet?

Worth is always highly subjective.  You can't just poll to determine if something is worth it to you or not.  You need to use your needs/wants/goals/preferences/priorities to determine such things.  If you want ffedback from others then you need to help us to understand these things in order to make a recommedation.

Do you need a BT card?  The high APR does indicate to me that they do have concerns about your credit profile and the limit would likely be low is my guess.

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you throw away your mailed pre-screen offers?

They all go in the shredder.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other than Discover last year, all I ever get are crap offers from crap companies. That, and all the followup letters I get from SCT popups.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.