cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you track SP's? Who SP's you the most?

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Do you track SP's? Who SP's you the most?

For those that monitor SP's, I am just wondering which lenders SP you the most?

For me, it is by far Capital One.   I've never burned them and never had even a single late with them, however they SP me constantly - all 3 CRA's, a minimum of once a month each, however very often two or even three times each in a month.  There have been a couple of times where they were within 2 or 3 days of each other, via the same CRA.   Between the three CRA's, they have SP me about 20 times in the first five months of this calendar year.  Smiley Frustrated

Who SP's you the most?

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you track SP's? Who SP's you the most?

Not many fo rme at all.  Cap One is there but maybe I iniated it by asking for a cli?  Not much after them.

Message 2 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

The only one I have with several on my EX is Chase, not certain they're tracking all the Amex ones.  Nothing stands out on EQ/TU as a pattern, SP's are wierd ducks and I don't get my base reports often enough to really pull patterns out.

Explicitly with Chase, I can't determine whether it was an AR or my playing with the prequal tool.  Based on distribution I suspect it was some of the latter which sort of throws off the data.  

        
Message 3 of 11
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Nope. That would be way too much work with no reward.
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 4 of 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I guess I would have a look at who SP me just for curiosity....  if I had access to it. Other than the free reports 1 x each year  I do not have access to SPs anymore as EX stopped showing it with their monitoring service Smiley Sad  

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do you check who SP's you?

Message 6 of 11
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I occasionally get curious and will review soft pulls. For some odd reason, Capital One does frequently SP me, and I got rid of their cards last year. Another oddball is Honda/Acura Financial Services that will regularly SP me. American Express and Chase do an AR SP almost immediately after any new inquiries or new accounts. Citi, Diners Club, Barclays, BoA, and Discover are less frequent. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who SP me the most? Me. By far I SP myself more than anyone else. Not even close.

Message 8 of 11
EW800
Valued Contributor

Very good point, Canadian! If I counted the SP's from all the different services I use and have used through my rebuild, one could say that I SP the hell out of myself!! Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 9 of 11
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Tracing softs was weird for me. I remember was I was planning an Amex CLI once so I made my reported credit profile nice and spiffy and waited until they softed me. I checked my EX report one day and saw that they hadn't softed me in months. The next week I checked again and now all of a sudden there were softs there all dated from the past month that weren't on the first report. It's like they did them but they didn't show up immediately. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.