Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you use your BCE? (If you have one)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you use your BCE? (If you have one)

Since there are other cards that give better rewards in those categories, does anyone with their bce actually use it, and for what?

I'm looking to PC to it after my TE is gone.

Such cards that can replace it are:
Fidelity Amex (2% flat)
Chase aarp 3% no cap restaurant
Penfed 5% gas
Sallie Mae 5% gas -$250 cap
Feel free to mention others.

Regards,
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you use your BCE? (If you have one)

@Anonymous wrote:
Since there are other cards that give better rewards in those categories, does anyone with their bce actually use it, and for what?

I'm looking to PC to it after my TE is gone.

Such cards that can replace it are:
Fidelity Amex (2% flat)
Chase aarp 3% no cap restaurant
Penfed 5% gas
Sallie Mae 5% gas -$250 cap
Feel free to mention others.

Regards,

I had one a couple years ago which I got with a $200 + 1yr prime targeted bonus. It's not all that great honestly and I ended up closing it early this year moving it's limit to my Starwood.

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the BCP. Grocery stores around me code as groceries and so does Vitamin Shoppe. I also used it to buy a new laptop and get the $150 statement credit as well as 3% department store cash back because the laptop was from Sears.com.

Message 3 of 33
yfan
Valued Contributor

I do use it. Primarily in 3 ways: At Costco (I also have the TE but sometimes I use the BCE to pay), at supermarkets where I shop sales, and for Amex offers. Amex offers are pretty great. I can't use them all for sure, but there is a good amount I can and do use, and I like the instant posting of credits when I do. My Amex offers are far more plentiful on my BCE than on my TE.

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

I do use it. Primarily in 3 ways: At Costco (I also have the TE but sometimes I use the BCE to pay), at supermarkets where I shop sales, and for Amex offers. Amex offers are pretty great. I can't use them all for sure, but there is a good amount I can and do use, and I like the instant posting of credits when I do. My Amex offers are far more plentiful on my BCE than on my TE.

Ain't that the truth. I used to get some pretty lovely offers on my BCE that I don't seem to get anymore with my S*, and never got with my Everyday Preferred or Plat (Now a PRG)

Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

From amex offers standpoint,  is Bce better than ED points card? Should I convert @ 13 months? 

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Certain offers show up on everyone's page. Some seem to be affinity based. They keep tabs.
Message 7 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@From amex offers standpoint,  is Bce better than ED points card? Should I convert @ 13 months? 

I don't think we really have a great understanding of what offers go where, i.e. how much depends on the card type, how much on the purchases you have made on the card etc.

Message 8 of 33
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

I only use it at grocery stores and for the special offers. There is one on there now where if you spend $50 at Pottery Barn you get $10 back. Just took advantage of that one Smiley Happy

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 9 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

To answer the original question, No!   Well, I sometimes find an Amex offer to use but my BCE and ED are not used for other types of purchase.

I get 5% on gas and groceries with my Amex BC, 5% at Target with Prepaid RedCard, and could use the SM at other places Amex doesn't consider groceries.  The 2% department store is handled by general 2% cards like the DC or Fid Amex.

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.