Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do your USAA cards send BT offers?

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Do your USAA cards send BT offers?

Thinking about using my USAA Amex strictly for BTs due to APR. My initial BT intro ends 01/2016.

For those of you with cards from USAA, do they send you balance transfer offers from time to time?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

Re: Do your USAA cards send BT offers?

Are you familiar with the "My Offers" tab on the website?  

Typically, I have a preapproved auto loan there that changes every few months (there will be certain terms and the offer is good for three months, and then a new offer comes along with slightly better/worse terms).  I have also had one or two BT offers with 1.9% APR.  These offers are personal and based on your credit profile (there's an opt-out notice beneath these offers), and they also list "Featured Offers" that I believe are offered to everyone.  

I think USAA will be decent with BT offers.  If nothing pops up in the "My Offers" tab in the future/after your intro period, I'd call and ask for a promo BT rate.  USAA seems to be good with customer service and retention.  

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@C24Webb wrote:

Are you familiar with the "My Offers" tab on the website?  

Typically, I have a preapproved auto loan there that changes every few months (there will be certain terms and the offer is good for three months, and then a new offer comes along with slightly better/worse terms).  I have also had one or two BT offers with 1.9% APR.  These offers are personal and based on your credit profile (there's an opt-out notice beneath these offers), and they also list "Featured Offers" that I believe are offered to everyone.  

I think USAA will be decent with BT offers.  If nothing pops up in the "My Offers" tab in the future, I'd call and ask for a promo BT rate.  USAA seems to be good with customer service and retention.  

Yup.  I have a balance transfer offer under 'my offers' .  First place you need to check

Message 3 of 5
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Thanks for feedback. Got the card in September so my intital BT offer shows up in the offers tab and runs through 12/31.

I'll keep an eye out next year in the offers tab.

=)

Message 4 of 5
alvon123
Super Contributor

yes , I was sent balance transfers on a least 3 occasions on my account and email, and I was also sent a balance transfer letter from USAA last week in the mail

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.