Regular Contributor
danpass

Re: Does AMEX remember past history

tntexans72 wrote:

danpass wrote:

CO on a Gold Biz I had with them.  Back in 2002 I suppose.  BK due to fall off in 2/12.

Everything else clean with a CreditSecure FAKO EX of 732.

Approved for green this past May.  Rejected back in 11/2009.  Both were online apps.

Even got my account backdated to 2000 since that is what the website showed me when I activated the card lol.

Still trying to backdate to my first green, from 1991.  That was perfectly clean and I closed it for some silly reason back in the mid 90's.

How were you able to successfully get it backdated? Did Amex give you a hard time?

I am trying to figure out if I can get Amex to backdate my new Amex CC. However, I was only a AU on the card about 15yrs ago.

Anyone confirm this or have success in trying to get Amex to backdate when they were just an AU?

Thanks in advance........

I just called and asked.  I am still trying for 1991 though but that one doesn't "seem to be in the system anymore".

there is a long thread on creditboards about Amex AU and backdating.

BK to fall off 2/12 - DONE!
myFICO (6-14-11): EX ?, EQ 684, TU 713
FICO (5-17-12): EX: 731
CreditSecure FAKOs (6-14-11): EX 745, EQ 661, TU 654
CreditSecure FAKOs (5-17-12): EX 732, EQ 671, TU 697
Goal: 760 across the board
Regular Contributor
BP2003

Back in my silly college days, I got the AMEX Blue for Students right when it became available (sometime around 2001).  I don't think I paid more than 2 bills over the course of having the card for a year...(yea I know...absolutely embarrassing :smileysad:)

Anyway, the account went into collections to the tune of about $1300. After I graduated, I ended up paying the collections company (Portfolio Recovery :smileysurprised::smileymad:) just over $1400 total to clear the balance and whatever other fees were associated with the collection.  AMEX stopped reporting the collection account and so did Portfolio; this was around 2005.

Anyway, since applying and receiving a AMEX Gold back in 2009, I know have Zync, Blue Preferred ($8500) and HHonors ($8500).  And of course, I do AMEX right these days, I use the cards and I make multiple payments per month.

Of course, this isn't going to be the case with every situation...so, YMMV!

Good Luck

***From ashy to classy***
Valued Contributor
clocktick

I got the Amex Blue in 11/10 with a settled Amex chargeoff on my EX report.  I got the Clear 1/11 with that same CO on CR.  I just got the Amex Preferred and haven't checked yet to see if that CO is still on there.  They backdated everything to when I had that first COed account.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 JUNE 2014 TU 779 EX 764 EQ 721
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Super Contributor
CS800

I wonder how my situation fits into that. I had an Optima Platinum with a CL of $2000 back in 2001. I closed the account becasue I was not using it in 2005 and the balance was 0. So I consider this to have been a positive account since I closed it on my own terms.

By the end of this year I hope my EX is high enough so I can app for an AMEX Zync. I will know my EX FICO next month.

BUT, in 2006 I got a Corporate AMEX green from my company. So when I log in to account, it says 'member since 2006' shouldn't it say since 2001?

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

CS800 wrote:

I wonder how my situation fits into that. I had an Optima Platinum with a CL of $2000 back in 2001. I closed the account becasue I was not using it in 2005 and the balance was 0. So I consider this to have been a positive account since I closed it on my own terms.

By the end of this year I hope my EX is high enough so I can app for an AMEX Zync. I will know my EX FICO next month.

BUT, in 2006 I got a Corporate AMEX green from my company. So when I log in to account, it says 'member since 2006' shouldn't it say since 2001?

A positive account is one that doesn't have any negatives on it (late payments, etc.) Closure by consumer vs by lender doesn't affect this. I have a couple of old cards closed by lenders due to non-usage, and they are positive accounts.

Your Corporate AmEx is issued to you by your company. While you're presumably liable for the payments, and a late payment would probably show up on your reports, it's not actually your account, so it won't show 2001.

If you get another card in your name, I would think that it would have 2001.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor
CS800

Hauling, , thanks for the clarification.

The optima i had was barely used and never late. I had a CL of $2000 but i think the most I ever charged on it was $50 and paid it off. So in this sense, i think I have a positive record with AMEX. I closed it because back then; being credit ignorant, i had 10 credit cards and decided to close half of them. No i bite myself thinking ,I should have kept the AMEX since there was no AF.

Well i will get my chance to get another AMEX in the near future.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+