Did you mean: 

Does AMEX report AU's??

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does AMEX report AU's??

@webhopper wrote:

@Ailee wrote:

If the primary card holder has a card reported from 1983 and adds you as an AU does it show up as 1983 on your account? I know they're not supposed to backdate it but not talking about your own personal card.

With Amex, I am not sure if it will show 1983, I don't think it will.   I think it shows as opened the same date that they were added as an ACM, based on my experiences with DH as an AU.   but if you add an AU to Chase or Discover that's been open a long time, it will show as open since the original date of the account being opened.

It won't.  Amex ACM's (AU's by anyone else's standards) report from the date that the ACM was opened; namely, if you were added today, the opening month/year would be 04/13 regardless of how long the primary account would be opened.

Amex is pretty unique in handling AU's in this manner.

        
Message 11 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

Should report the next time your data is updated.  As far as I know, the AU accounts stays on the CR for as long as any other account when and after the Basic cardmember's has been cancelled.

I think this is correct too but I've never seen an official confirmation (probably just missed it); because it's actually reported as a seperate, and individual tradeline, it doesn't come off with the removal of the AU (ACM in Amexese) or the closure of the primary account.  

In either case I think the ACM tradeline is closed at that point, and then stays on reports according to the usual guidelines of any other positive (or negative) tradeline.

        
Message 12 of 15
HiLine
Blogger

@Revelate wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Should report the next time your data is updated.  As far as I know, the AU accounts stays on the CR for as long as any other account when and after the Basic cardmember's has been cancelled.

I think this is correct too but I've never seen an official confirmation (probably just missed it); because it's actually reported as a seperate, and individual tradeline, it doesn't come off with the removal of the AU (ACM in Amexese) or the closure of the primary account.  

In either case I think the ACM tradeline is closed at that point, and then stays on reports according to the usual guidelines of any other positive (or negative) tradeline.

This information is fascinating! It implies that being an authorized user for one day can result in an extra account on the credit report for many years ... Robot Happy

Thanks for the insight, Revelate. 

Message 13 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Not showing up yet. Im gonna check next month.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

The yreport AU. I used to have an AU on my account and it reported after one billing cycle.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.