cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does APR influence FICO score? (Subprime/Prime question perhaps)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does APR influence FICO score? (Subprime/Prime question perhaps)

Hi, I read in the FICO score forum that a subprime credit card impacts a FICO score differently than a prime credit card. Since one of the big differences between these two types of credit cards is the APR I'm wondering if the APR on a credit card impacts one's FICO score. Does anyone know if it does? (If it did it would seem to create an unfair tautology.) My practical concern is that I just noticed that my APR is around 18% for a credit card that I use daily. Since I pay in full before the end of the grace period, I really have no practical concern about the APR unless it impacts my FICO score. Thanks! -L.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does APR influence FICO score? (Subprime/Prime question perhaps)

Louis wrote:
Hi, I read in the FICO score forum that a subprime credit card impacts a FICO score differently than a prime credit card. Since one of the big differences between these two types of credit cards is the APR I'm wondering if the APR on a credit card impacts one's FICO score. Does anyone know if it does? (If it did it would seem to create an unfair tautology.) My practical concern is that I just noticed that my APR is around 18% for a credit card that I use daily. Since I pay in full before the end of the grace period, I really have no practical concern about the APR unless it impacts my FICO score. Thanks! -L.

APR is not mentioned on CRs... Smiley Wink

Rob
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, but your Score could afftect your APRSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

rbbyrbsn wrote:
No, but your Score could afftect your APRSmiley Wink

Great point. Smiley Very Happy

Rob
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good point that the APR is not mentioned in the CR. Silly me. Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.