cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Allaint CU give automatic credit limit increases ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Allaint CU give automatic credit limit increases ?

Received cc in june/2009 with $7500 max - do they give credit limit increases without asking ?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Allaint CU give automatic credit limit increases ?

DH has had an Alliant CU CC for 23 months (July 09).  Opened at $10,000 and still there.

I've seen posts that suggest CLI's are always by request and are accompanied by a hard pull.

But, at one time a while back, IIRC, a folk or two reported an auto CLI at between 9-18 months.  

I like Alliant fine.

Message 2 of 13
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

DH has had an Alliant CU CC for 23 months (July 09).  Opened at $10,000 and still there.

I've seen posts that suggest CLI's are always by request and are accompanied by a hard pull.

But, at one time a while back, IIRC, a folk or two reported an auto CLI at between 9-18 months.  

I like Alliant fine.

You have to ask for a CLI.  It'll result in a EQ hard.  They're very generous though.  I just asked for one about a month ago...went from $500 to $15K.   

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@visorboy1974 wrote:
You have to ask for a CLI.  It'll result in a EQ hard.  They're very generous though.  I just asked for one about a month ago...went from $500 to $15K.   

Wow!  You must have been a very well behaved visorboy!

What, if you don't mind being asked, is your current interest rate with them?

Message 4 of 13
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow!  You must have been a very well behaved visorboy!

What, if you don't mind being asked, is your current interest rate with them?

Went from 21% to 10.25% after the CLI request. 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double bonus!

I take it your CR is looking better now than then?

Message 6 of 13
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Double bonus!

I take it your CR is looking better now than then?

I was about 650 when I got the credit line and they basically told me to use the card for 6 months and if they saw good payment history, they'd bump me up to a more generous limit.  I called and asked for $5K and they told me I was eligible for $15K...I jumped all over it.  I believe I was 708 EQ when I asked for the CLI. 

I also have a car loan and keep my main savings/checking accounts with them, so that may have helped some too. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called alliant this morning - they increased me from 7,500 to 11k - I'll take it . My two highest credit limits are with credit unions . I'm done until next June. My apping/requesting limit increases spree has increased my available credit 300% . I have a great mix , and 8 accounts. that is my max as far as number of cards. Now i just let my new accounts age and get my eyes on applying for amex in about 2 years. I had issues with them in the past . paid charge off .

Message 8 of 13
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Called alliant this morning - they increased me from 7,500 to 11k - I'll take it . My two highest credit limits are with credit unions . I'm done until next June. My apping/requesting limit increases spree has increased my available credit 300% . I have a great mix , and 8 accounts. that is my max as far as number of cards. Now i just let my new accounts age and get my eyes on applying for amex in about 2 years. I had issues with them in the past . paid charge off .

Congrats! 

Message 9 of 13
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not bad!! Congrats!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.