Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does AmEx do joint cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does AmEx do joint cards?

For some reason I thought they didn't - only AU...if so should I joint onto DH's (I'm beeter at handling money than him!)?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does AmEx do joint cards?

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
For some reason I thought they didn't - only AU...if so should I joint onto DH's (I'm beeter at handling money than him!)?

Hi Lady,  How are you ding?

Are you thinking about to become a joint card holder on your DH's card?  Once you become a joint card holder, whatever you do and whatever he does will affect to your CR and his CR.  As long as you stay as AU on your DH's card it does not affect to your CR ... if I am not wrong.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not worried about having a joint AmEX with DH (he has had a black card since they were first issued) and the history would be a big plus.... cardmember since 1971 I think. Fico 800+ across all 3 - not worried about him messing me up.

I could have easily jointed onto DH's cards -- I wanted to re-build by myself.  I let it all die so it was up to me to get it back. 

I like the looks I get when I pull out 'his' AmEx...  I've used his card (with his name on it) for years and AmEx never squawked (neither did any merchant) and signed my name. 

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 03-08-2008 05:27 PM
Message 3 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Unless something has changed very recently, AmEx does not offer joint status on any CC accounts...only the AU option.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRUD!!!!
Message 5 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You seem like a nice lady, would you like to be an AU on my accounts?Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure fused!

We both know AU won't be worth squat sometime in the near future (FICO'08)... which is why I was thinking joint...

He just did Shell for me - history back to 1976...waiting for it to hit.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:
Unless something has changed very recently, AmEx does not offer joint status on any CC accounts...only the AU option.

Really?   How about Citi, Chase, Discover and etc.?
Message 8 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

bunnyrabbit wrote:

fused wrote:

Really?   How about Citi, Chase, Discover and etc.?

Discover and Chase yes, CITI not any longer.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:

Discover and Chase yes, CITI not any longer.

Just to add re: Chase...

I was told by a Chase rep that when someone is being added as a joint cardholder to an existing account, they will do a hard pull on the new joint cardholder, and the results of that credit check could alter the terms for the worse, even for the primary cardholder.  Just FYI.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.