Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Amazon Card convert to MC or Visa?

tag
greent
Frequent Contributor

Does Amazon Card convert to MC or Visa?

Does Amazon have a major credit card card I can upgrade to? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Does Amazon Card convert to MC or Visa?

@greent wrote:

Does Amazon have a major credit card card I can upgrade to? 

Chase has a Amazon Visa card (that is not so great).  The Amazon store card can't be upgraded to it (different banks) and there aren't any others because Chase has an exclusive deal.

Message 2 of 11
greent
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info. 

Message 3 of 11
greent
Frequent Contributor

I just looked at their site and I get more rewards from my Citi Visa offered by Costco. I'll just wait for it to arrive in the mail. 

Message 4 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Almost like it was meant to work out that way. No app needed!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya the Amazon credit card is by Chase and it's a Visa Signature. I have had it as my DD for about 7 years now. I'm now starting to see everyone mostly talks negative about it lol
Message 6 of 11
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ya the Amazon credit card is by Chase and it's a Visa Signature. I have had it as my DD for about 7 years now. I'm now starting to see everyone mostly talks negative about it lol

It's not a terrible card and it was my first Visa ( Amex, Discover and the Amazon store cards were my first). The rewards isn't terrible if you use the points at Amazon and you just want a simple way to use them....

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 7 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The Amazon Visa is not a horrible card but you certainly can be doing better, especially for an everyday spend card. Of course, you can also do worse, like a flat 1% card.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a horrible card because it's worthless unless you use it a ton for dining, gas, drug store, or office supply store purchaes.

3% back at Amazon is nothing to ride home about. Funny how Chase offers this card, but then goes ahead and provides a 5% Freedom card, which they doubled the Amazon rewards for the holidays, while sticking it to the actual Amazon cardholders. Thanks Chase!!! Another example of horrible customer service by the worst bank in the USA besides BoA. It seems like the Chase Amazon Visa Signature is just an afterthought for Chase and their customer service reps compared to their other cards. How about offering 5% cash back on the Chase Amazon Visa? "Oh no, we can't do that." - Chase

Also, Amazon themselves provide a 5% back store credit card, which is also higher than the Chase Amazon card.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it's bad when even Amazon doesn't advertise the card on their website lol. I used to see ads for it there and lately I haven't..
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.