cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Amex Blue Cash preferred increase line of credit link a hard pull or soft pull

tag
rollerkosh
Established Member

Does Amex Blue Cash preferred increase line of credit link a hard pull or soft pull

There is a link in American Express website where you can request increase of your credit line. Is this a hard pull or soft pull?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Amex Blue Cash preferred increase line of credit link a hard pull or soft pull

@rollerkosh wrote:

There is a link in American Express website where you can request increase of your credit line. Is this a hard pull or soft pull?

It should be a soft pull. Also, if you haven't already, be sure to see this guide on Amex CLIs http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/18110...

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Amex Blue Cash preferred increase line of credit link a hard pull or soft pull

Soft

Message 3 of 18
rollerkosh
Established Member

The reason for this is . I read everywhere its soft. but I asked from the Amex chat person and he said it will be reviewed by credit agencies which might affect your score which sounds like a hard pull

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rollerkosh wrote:

The reason for this is . I read everywhere its soft. but I asked from the Amex chat person and he said it will be reviewed by credit agencies which might affect your score which sounds like a hard pull

Don't worry about  what he said, it's a soft pull.  Sadly, Amex CSRs are quite often wrong..  In this case, he's sorta correct.  A SP looks at the exact same things as does a HP, it's just coded differently..

Message 5 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@rollerkosh wrote:

Don't worry about  what he said, it's a soft pull.  Sadly, Amex CSRs are quite often wrong..  In this case, he's sorta correct.  A SP looks at the exact same things as does a HP, it's just coded differently..

Right.   And also techincally they could do a HP (even if they never do) so the CSR has to cover that case.

Message 6 of 18
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Glad you asked that question, rollerkosh.  I have thought about asking for a CLI from AMEX, but was under the impression it would be a hard pull so did not ask.  Now I will feel safe in asking for an increase.  I am in the garden, so don't want any HPs.

Thanks for your responses, Irish.

Message 7 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

One of the several reasons people love Amex on this forum is the "3x CLI SP" which is written about a lot!  And, unlike backdating, is still the case.

Message 8 of 18
Simply827
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

One of the several reasons people love Amex on this forum is the "3x CLI SP" which is written about a lot!  And, unlike backdating, is still the case.

Is backdating a thing of the past? 

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Simply827 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Is backdating a thing of the past? 

Yes, it died as of 3/21.  

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.