Established Contributor
sjt

Re: Does Amex blacklist forever?

FinStar wrote:

sjt wrote:

My opinion is that as a general rule Amex does blacklist until you pay them off. But like other posters have mentioned there are some people who fall through the cracks. I think those are more of an exception not the rule.

You could go ahead and apply. If you are blacklisted it would only be a soft pull.

sjt, AFAIK it is not even a SP.  AMEX's database will recall the previous file/record and not even SP.  Ususally results in a declined app with no pull.

Thanks! Thats good to know.

Valued Contributor
FinStar

Re: Does Amex blacklist forever?

jeffg330 wrote:
Thanx for the info everyone. I'm coming out of the garden in a month or so. It's between discover and Amex currently. Ill post results if/when I app for others who might want to try.

There's hope OP :robotvery-happy:  Let us know how it turns out...Best of luck!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+