Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Amex blacklist!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Amex blacklist!

@Tazman81 wrote:

I am not sure what type of card it would be as they say they don't adverstise it and were just "willing to do it for me since I was a good customer". 

When I carried my corporate AMEX card, it always built to about $33,000 each month, and then was paid off in full (I was responsible for the card despite that it was a "corporate" card).

Maybe that will help me overcome the bk on the CR.

Can only hope, right?

Message 31 of 36
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Tazman81 wrote:

@JM-AM wrote:

@Tazman81 wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

Thank you.  I mentioned the BK because that was in the OP.  I was surprised myself because I constantly used to read it here too.  EX is the last report it's still on but I kept a PDF file of my EX CR with that chargeoff and the new inquiry because sometimes I still can't believe it!

I am jealous.  I wanted to be one of the ones that could slip through the cracks.  Hahaha.  Ah, oh well.  Maybe one day.  Smiley Happy

Tazman81

You can call AMEX up and speak to some one and work out something with them. Once the debt is paid they usually offer you something to get back into the good graces of AMEX. Good Luck

Oh yeah, I've definitely been down that road.  There is a thread somewhere on the board about it, but I will give you a quick rundown.  They were included in my bankruptcy that was discharged in Jan 2009.  They allowed me to "apply" for a card if I paid voluntary restitution ($800) so I did.  I applied and was denied the zync card because I have a bankruptcy on my credit report.  So, i said, ummm, go figure.  They ended up refunding me the restitution amount because I told them that they knew I had a bankuptcy so for them to deny me for that reason is not acceptable b/c if they knew they do not allow anyone with a bankruptcy to have a card, then they should not have accepted my voluntary restitution.  Anyhow, they saw it my way and refunded me.  The lady said once my bankruptcy falls off my report (or if the guidelines change) then I can just pay my restitution and apply for a card.  The only other option was they would offer me a "secured AMEX" card, but in order to get that, you have to put $10k into a CD with them.  I said no thanks as their rates were much worse then my banks.  Anyhow, the reason i was going to try to get an AMEX back was because of the backdating, so it will cause the AAOA to go up since everything else was gone in bankruptcy.  So, I will check back with them every year and see where things go from there.

It depends on how bad you want it? $10K is a little bit too much for the card and it's a lot of money.  They might not give you 100% of the fund to use it. 

Ron.

Message 32 of 36
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tazman81 wrote:
The only other option was they would offer me a "secured AMEX" card, but in order to get that, you have to put $10k into a CD with them. 

and that was for a green card? 

10 years to wait for AMEX?  oiy.  Smiley Sad

I think that's for secured Gold Amex card.

Ron.

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tazman81 wrote:
The only other option was they would offer me a "secured AMEX" card, but in order to get that, you have to put $10k into a CD with them. 

Ron.

So, for kicks and giggles... let's say in a 3 months I have the ability to post a $10,000 CD at AMEX for a card.

1)  is it worth it?  My money is secured, earning interest at a rate I would guess better than a savings account

2)  do I just call them and say, "Hey, I'd love you to hook me up with a card, yo?"  (seriously, I do not talk like that) Smiley Tongue

3)  is it worth it credit card wise?  meaning score increase?   or is it for the ego boost?

Message 34 of 36
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tazman81 wrote:

Ron.

So, for kicks and giggles... let's say in a 3 months I have the ability to post a $10,000 CD at AMEX for a card.

1)  is it worth it?  My money is secured, earning interest at a rate I would guess better than a savings account

2)  do I just call them and say, "Hey, I'd love you to hook me up with a card, yo?"  (seriously, I do not talk like that) Smiley Tongue

3)  is it worth it credit card wise?  meaning score increase?   or is it for the ego boost?

1. You are the only to decide if it is worth it. As far as the rates you would have to compare them.

2. Who are you kidding of course you talk like that! Smiley Very Happy

3. No guaranty of a score increase IMO, more of an ego boost as many feel AMEX is a prime hard to get card.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 35 of 36
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tazman81 wrote:

Ron.

They might give you full $10K to use like other secured credit card.  They decided to let you to use or not on every individual case. They cannot shut you down anytime. It might  not help your score because it is a charge card like Visa Signature Card.

Ron.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.