Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Amex honor sign up bonus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Amex honor sign up bonus?

Last week, I logged in and saw 10,000 bonus points credited towards my ED card. Today, I logged in and the bonus points disappeared.
Should I wait until the second statement cuts before contacting Amex?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Amex honor sign up bonus?

Uh oh
Message 2 of 17
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

We shall see what happens when i apply for EDP this weekened or early next week if i really do get 15k signup bonus. I guess i should do some screenshotting if i get approved. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

We shall see what happens when i apply for EDP this weekened or early next week if i really do get 15k signup bonus. I guess i should do some screenshotting if i get approved. 

Absolutely do this.  Ever since they screwed me out of PRG and BCE bonuses I screenshot every bonus offer regardless of the lender.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, I have the 50,000 for $5000 spent. I didn't take a screenshot but I might have the mailed offer letter.

Barclaycard  is so fast crediting my account. I thought Amex was the same.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They may be trying to screw the Wife out of her PRG bonus. mine posted for the ED and PRG already after meeting spend but not for her.
Message 6 of 17
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Absolutely do this.  Ever since they screwed me out of PRG and BCE bonuses I screenshot every bonus offer regardless of the lender.

^^This

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got $1000 left to meet the $5000.00 spent. I'll be so piss if they don't honor the 50,000.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to thread jack, but I thought you don't get bonuses on additional cards if you're already a member? Can someone explain this to me, because I do plan on applying for another Amex in January..

Message 9 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to thread jack, but I thought you don't get bonuses on additional cards if you're already a member? Can someone explain this to me, because I do plan on applying for another Amex in January..

It's per card, per life time.  So you can still get bonus on PRG, then get a bonus on Delta Gold for example.  You just can't close those cards, re-apply and get the bonus again.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.