cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Amex pull credit repots for Additional Cardmembers/AU's?

tag
mrdrum18
Contributor

Does Amex pull credit repots for Additional Cardmembers/AU's?

I'd like to add a few people but I know one has bad credit and I don't want that effecting my account. When I looked at the form to add a cardholder they don't require SSN's anymore but they do require DOB's.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does Amex pull credit repots for Additional Cardmembers/AU's?

@mrdrum18 wrote:

I'd like to add a few people but I know one has bad credit and I don't want that effecting my account. When I looked at the form to add a cardholder they don't require SSN's anymore but they do require DOB's.

no credit check.

Message 2 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

Don't expect the account to appear on the AUs credit reports. 

Message 3 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@DI wrote:

Don't expect the account to appear on the AUs credit reports. 

Why not? I've had three different people as AU's on my AmEx cards, and they've always shown up on their reports.

In fact, they keep reporting, even though they've been off the cards for years.

Anyway, AFAIK, AmEx asks for the social of AU applicants to check against their internal records, but they don't soft them. Usually, anyway.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

It must be taking them a long time to report my AU.  I probably  need to double check to make sure I didn't skip them when adding my AU to my accounts.

Message 5 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Do they update new balances for you immediately, or do they wait four weeks?

It did take a while for my AU's to show up, because that was on a Gold card with the 4-week updating delay. So first we had to wait for the next statement to drop, and then we had to wait four weeks.

They're starting to update immediately for more cards and cardholders, but not for everyone yet. Maddening when you're waiting on a balance to update, or an AU to appear as in your case.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

Yes, somehow I missed AMEX when adding AUs to my accounts.   The form I got moments ago asked for  SSN and B-day.  I'm not sure what form the OP got.

btw: I noticed a pre-approval for a zync card.  I wish they'd pre-approve me for a no AF card.  I've been waiting for the longest now. 

Message 7 of 21
mrdrum18
Contributor

@DI wrote:

The form I got moments ago asked for  SSN and B-day.  I'm not sure what form the OP got.

I'm dealing with a charge card, though I wouldn't expect it to be a different form. However, yes it does have an SSN field but it is optional. Try to fill out the info and omit the SSN....

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrdrum18 wrote:

@DI wrote:

The form I got moments ago asked for  SSN and B-day.  I'm not sure what form the OP got.

I'm dealing with a charge card, though I wouldn't expect it to be a different form. However, yes it does have an SSN field but it is optional. Try to fill out the info and omit the SSN....

If you want to make sure it reports, especially if the AU doesn't live with you, then fill in the SSN too.  They aren't going to pull anything.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I thought AU's didn't get credit anymore.. If I add my girlfriend to my AMEX as an AU in like a few months it will show up on her report and help her credit? Does this work with Discover as well?

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.