cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Any have an AMEX Zync with a hard limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Any have an AMEX Zync with a hard limit?

I was told that you got bonus points when approved for the Zync. I was approved for one with a hard limit of $200. Does anyone know if the bonus points still apply?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Any have an AMEX Zync with a hard limit?

If you were just approved and haven't received your card yet, I don't believe that's your true limit. Thats just so you can use your card immediately to buy whatever online. Once you receive and activate your card it should change to no pre set.

Message 2 of 4
halos24
Frequent Contributor

That is the initial hard limit until you receive the card for online shopping.  When you do get the card it is a matter of income and probably their own internal scoring system they use to determine what your hard limit is for at least 6 months.  I have had mine since December and have racked up any where between 2500-1990 in one statement cycle.  I always give payments in between as last month they had called me to make a payment or they would freeze my cards!  

So treat it good, you can also check your available spending limit online once you get the card.  It allows you to enter an amount and then check if it would be approved.  Try not to use it as much.  Enjoy the card, and welcome to AMEX great company. 

I just actually used the 10k bonus points along with some other points I racked up to use them towards the purchase of my Ipad 2!  

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a few options for Zync out there now.

Zync with a $200 hard limit.

Zync with a $500 hard limit and the requirement to enroll in autopay.

Zync with No Preset Spending Limit.

If you get approved you will get a $250 instant limit for purchases online and then it should move to NPSL if you weren't clearly stated that you would get 1 of the first 2.

So the $200 limit is your limit there have been a few other approvals on the boards like yours.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.