cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Anyone Know if the New Non-Student Citi Forward is Worth It?

tag
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

Does Anyone Know if the New Non-Student Citi Forward is Worth It?

If you aren't a student, you can no longer app for Citi Forward via their website. If you call in, they give you a very aggressive and hard sell for the non-student version of this card. When the CSR was rattling off the benefits, one thing that immediately stood out was that it only gets 4 points per dollar, versus the 5 points that the student version gets. The CSR swore that the non-student version was still better, but I am not familiar enough with this card and its old benefits structure to be able to truly compare the two.

Is there anyone on here who can shed some light on this? The rep actually got mad at me when I told her that I needed to do more research and that I wasn't going to app right then and there! Smiley Sad

Thanks in advance!

All 3 bureaus (per Amex CreditSecure FAKO) are still 748 (as of 12/19/13). Cards: Discover It, $12,100, Chase Freedom $3,300, Chase Amazon $1,500, Walmart store $11,000, AMEX Zync NPSL, Costco Amex $14,700. US. Bank Cash +, $5,000. AMEX SPG $6,000, PenFed Plat. Cash Rewards $17,500, PenFed P-LOC $10,000, Citi Forward $5,100, Chase Slate $5,000, Old Navy, $2,200.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Know if the New Non-Student Citi Forward is Worth It?

She may have meant a four point bonus per dollar, which is the same thing that the student version gets. You get one point on everything and four extra points for the categories. Even if it really is only four points per dollar, there is no other card that gives that much on those categories so I would say it is worth it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.